1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb seller - I'm just grousing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lfmn16, Nov 26, 2018.

1. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    So I'm on Reverb looking for a Hammond Digital Leslie Pedal. I find one that's been for sale for a month with a "Make an Offer" button. Reverb's Price Guide Estimated Value is $225 - $260 and the guy is asking $299. It's been for sale for a month with no offers so I offer $225. Low, but according to Reverb, within the ballpark. The guy comes back with a counter-offer of $295.

I put in another offer of $226 along with a suggestion that they shouldn't add the "Make an Offer" button if they aren't serious about negotiating.

I'm not saying he should have necessarily accepted my offer, but $5 off of a $299 item? Is this guy serious about selling? I would have bought it at $275.

OK, I feel better. :D

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Let's find him, and MAKE HIM PAY.*

*this is a joke

ituobrey, oldrocker and jackn1202 like this.
  3. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Both funny, what you wrote, and sad that you have to add a disclaimer for the no humor group.

ituobrey and jackn1202 like this.