1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb that only effects the upper range

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hyper-sloth, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Does anyone here know of a Reverb pedal that only effects the upper range of the bass? I had a POD live floor thing and one cool feature was you can "tell" it what part of the frequency gets the effect. I had clear strong bottom and lush 'verb harmonics and so forth, great with my fretless Lakland. I have a boss bass chorus (http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/CEB-3/) that has a low pass filter knob so the chorus only hits the upper end, user defined. I wish more effects had that feature. On a slighty different tack, would it be an easy mod to an existing pedal? Anyone here mod their effects? I really don't want to run 2 signals to my amp, looking for ez setup for gigs.

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Line 6 Verbzilla can do this.

You can effect the tonal range of the reverb via the tone knob, and you can also blend in your clean signal.

3. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Cool, thanks. I'll check that one out.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    And you can play glorious chords in Octo mode with it! Search for Spanky's Verbzilla video and you'll see what I mean.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i really want the verbzilla but im just afraid of the whole breakage issue.

6. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I haven't read too much about it as far as durability issues. Hmm, I'll check that out. I'm pretty careful with my stuff, but You never know when the drunk singer steps on your gear!

I still don't know why more effects don't have frequency controls like my Boss CE 5
    http://www.bossus.comgearproductdetails.php?ProductId=136

That and amps with a mute switch!