Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SuperSluggard, Jun 15, 2004.

1. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    What good reverb stomp boxes are there for bass?

2. i don't think they make reverb pedals for just the bass, but the digitech digiverb is 100 and the boss rdv-5 is 150 and has 6 different types of reverb. hope that helped.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The EBS MultiVerb (?) is very good

4. also, there is the rdv-3(?) that has modes of reverb and delay, and can be used simultaneously.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Line 6 DL4 maybe

Bit pricy though if your after something cheap but at least this way u can loop as well. :smug:

6. i thought the dl4 was a delay pedal? i suggested the rdv-3 for versatility. blah blah blah.

7. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    The DL-4 is a delay, not a 'verb.

EBS is the only company I can think of that makes a bass-specific reverb (the Dynaverb); Reverb isn't a commonly used effect for bass.

That said, I use reverb a lot.
    Boss makes the RV-3, and RV-5, I haven't heard much good about either. The RV-3 would be a good choice if you want bang for your buck, as it incorporates delay as well as reverb.

I currently use a Digitech Digiverb, it does the job for me. It's got seven different modes, and most of them are useful. It has sort of a bad rap for being unreliable, but I haven't had any problems.

EHX are worth a testdrive too, the Holy and Holier Grails are pretty widely used. Some reliability issues pop up here and there, so that is a concern.

Ultimately, your ears will be the best judge. I'd probably recommend the Boss RV-3 or EHX Holy Grail, you can find both reasonably priced if you hunt around a bit.

8. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Thanks. I liked using reverb on the cheap Zoom multi effects pedal I had but I decided to return it.

The EBS is too much money for me (I'd sooner get a new bass) so I'll check out the others.