1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Can the EBS DynaVerb do slap-back delay?

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I use the 'verb on my RE-20 Space Echo pretty often.

It has very little low-bass, or really even mid-bass response to speak of, so it doesn't muddy-up my tone.

I think it contributes to 60s/70s-ish vibe, like a miked or 'live concert' sound. I can also turn it way up, and just kick it in for spacey licks and fills (usuall along with Echo and regen).

I've also been working on more of a "dunk-dunk" sort of double Bass sound incorporating the RE-20 reverb.

Joe

3. Anyone?

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    today i played an rv-5. i was really displeased with the sound. hmmm :(

5. The RV-3 is better in essentially every way.

6. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    I leave mine on the 'modulate' setting. Its the only one that doesnt sound completely lifeless IMO

7. kind of. sorry, that's really the most accurate answer I can give.

8. That was my experience with it. I played a lot of melodic/pretty stuff through it until I had some nice sounding stuff going on. Then I turned the RV-5 pedal off and the riffs sounded better clean.

9. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i actually had hopes for that pedal haha. i mean i was trying to play it and find some type of life, character, or color, but it all seemed to be very sterile to me. maybe it sucked since i was playing it through some suuuuuuuper metal g**tar and through that Boss Pedal Stand. maybe if it was through my rig...i would like it. to me the holy grail>boss rv-5. those two are the only reverbs i have played.

10. I recently plugged my Holy Grail into my bass, and I've found it works best with the knob at around 9 o'clock. As to hall and flerb, hall is best a little lower than that (8-7). Flerb I haven't played much with.

What I want to do is put the guts of a holy grail into a wah pedal enclosure.

11. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Agreed.
    On topic: I tried my bass through a Holy Grail and didn't really like it. Thats about the only pedal ive used. My Roadmaster head has reverb on it and I always have it set to give me some slight reverb.

12. heavyfunkmachin

heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    i love reverb, i ´ve even put two in row sometimes... i find it extremely usefull...

by the way, WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH BOSS/ROLAND BASS PEOPLE????

my amp is roland db-500 it has ONE effect... a D-CHORUS :)confused: WHY?) and then the me-50b... you can put chorus to nearly any effect, but not reverb... i can´t have delay and reverb, but i can have delay with chorus...

ROLAND / BOSS PEOPLE: there is not such a big need for chorus, PLEASE, reconsider you chorus addiction.

13. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

The only effect I use these days is reverb. After going thru a bazillion different pedals and racks of processing gear thru the years, I simplified it down to a Demeter RV1 Analog Spring Reverb in my rack (run into my Demeter VTBP201 preamp). Okay, it ain't a pedal...and for most $900 for a reverb is a bit much...but man, it is the sweetest 'verb I have ever used. Warm and rich...and sounds devine with basses. Am thinking of picking up the new pedal version "Reverbulator" and retiring the RV1 to the studio (where another RV1 lives alongside the Eventide and Lexicon reverbs it replaced for bass duties).

14. I'm pretty 50/50 with the Holy Grail. With the knob at about 9 o'clock it really fills out the tone for my fretless. Past nine sounds ok only for soloing. On my fretted though i don't like it sending my fret noise reverberating.

15. Sunn

Sunn

Nov 9, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I use an RV-3 quite a bit. Works well when you want to make the audience think they are listening to your bass in the International Space Station. :bassist:

16. i have a holy grail and i like it enough. i tried my guitarists digi verb and liked it.

i only use verb on ambient sections.