1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverbs with blends?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Maxfenderbass, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    So I sold my afterneath and am looking to replace it with a good reverb with a blend. Looking to start doing some ambient stuff in between songs.

Ones I know of with a blend are the IE Nimbus, Red Panda Context and the MXR.

No budget, but I doubt I will buy a big sky as it is overkill lol.

Looking for suggestions, thanks!

2. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    You mentioned it already, but I love the MXR Reverb. 6 great sounding and very different settings. Trails settings and 100% wet settings make it fun too

3. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Whitby
    EHX Oceans 11. A much cheaper junior version of the Strymon.

4. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    For ambient, check out the Strymon BlueSky (cheaper than the big one)
    and the Walrus Audio Fathom.

I own both. The Strymon feels a bit more natural and has, for want of a better word, a bit more noblesse to it.
    The Walrus has the blooming 'Sonor' setting and as a cool feature, the second knob that sets the decay to max while pushed.

Also a good choice are the Digitech ones. The Polara, Supernatural and the HSR1 have Lexicon reverb algorithms which are pretty good.

5. Ren1

Ren1

May 25, 2014
    on the very cheap side, Valeton Coral Verb does the job with a really small foot print. Digital reverb with 11 sounds, some are decent, some less so. good for $50

6. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Nothing IMO can outdo the Iron Ether Nimbus when it comes to bass reverb. It doesn’t have an actual blend control. Instead it has separate level controls for the clean and reverb signal. This allows you to effectively move “the listener” to various distances within the effect and also vary the distance of the reverb effect from the listener. It’s a capability unique to the Nimbus and a perfect match for ambient bass since it lets you play psychoacoustic head games with your sonic space. Very cool tool.

Sunset Shalom and Driven Crane like this.
  7. qersty

qersty

Aug 15, 2012
    Sweden
    Question: What do you mean with blend control and what are you trying to accomplish? Very, very few reverb pedals do not feature a knob to control the wet level. Are you looking for a pedal that can go 100% dry to 100% wet? Mostly when manufacturers label knobs "effect level", "mix" or "blend" they mostly do not differentiate the function of the knob and just use what they feel like. If you just want a pedal that keeps your lows from getting messed up you should look at pedals that has a low-cut before the wet path. The Red Panda Context advertises this function as being well-suited for bass, it does 100% wet too if you want that.

8. IIRC, the Nimbus also boasts an LPF on the dry signal, or maybe it was an HPF on the wet...? It doesn't verb the lows, the wet signal is low mids on up... or something like that.

9. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    If you're looking for something to get weird ambient tones between/during songs, you might also check out the EQD Avalanche Run. A pretty expansive delay with reverb. You can use both together or isolate them by rolling the mix CCW on either the delay or the reverb to use one or the other.
    AvalancheRun.

freedomryder and jumbo_steelie like this.
  10. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    currently have a DOD Rubberneck supplying all my delay needs.

Grahams Groove likes this.
  11. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Just know that you could flip it and get a two-fer.

12. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Source Audio Dimension Reverb: can be had for 100 bucks used, has 2 presets and loads of reverb options including a 100% dry/ 100% wet knob.

13. Zoom CDR can do anything you want.