Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend 5L Sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Could any Reverend 5L owners out there record some samples for a fella to hear? A comparison between the Brad Houser and the 5L would be really cool but I would settle for just the 5L.

2. Hey Count,
    If you've ever heard a Rumblefish XL, the 5L sounds exactly like that. I owned a 5L for a few months, and it not only had a killer B string, but the best open E that I've ever heard. I wish I'd kept it -- I'm just not a 5-string player at the end of the day.
    I don't have any sound samples, but if no one else comes through, I can send you a CD which has that 5L on one track. I recorded it the day the bass arrived from UPS, and it's the best bass tone on the album.

3. I have the rumblefish J/J. I have thought about converting it to an XL because I don't use the pickups solo.

The 5L looks like the pups are closer together so I thought it might sound different.

Does anyone know how to wire a J/J to make it into an XL?