1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverend basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by landry.bass, Jan 13, 2012.

1. So I've recently had an opportunity to play a few reverand basses at a local shop, and I've been impressed thus far. I've played a Decision bass, and I think the other one was called a Thundergun or something like that. They were priced around $800-900.

Does anyone have any experience with these basses? I like the versatility of the basses, and they just sound great, but I did notice the intonation was a little off on both. Is that to be expected of these basses, or was it likely just a set up issue?

2. camthebassman

camthebassman

Jan 7, 2012
    I was a hair's breath away from buying a Decision the other day, but there was a slight fret buzz that the shop wanted to correct. The bass had been Plecked and the action was very low..maybe too low. Anyway, they let me walk. I liked the bass as a good alternative to a Fender Jazz and the style is very cool. Intonation issue is probably just a bridge adjustment to string length. No big deal.