Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend BH5 heads up

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, May 14, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  2. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Thanks for the heads up. But I'll have to pass. Just picked up a new Yorkville XS800H head and sent some more money off for a new 212. So once again I'm sleepin on the couch,but I think it's worth it. :smug: No more movin heavey cabs.
    I really would like to grab a BH5 with the exposed pole pieces. And I bet with my luck a few will show up in the next couple of months while I'm financially embarassed from the outlay for my mini rig. I will find a way once again to hide some money. And yes I will feel her rath,but another BH5 is worth couch surfing. And no I'm not given up my Black&White BH5 either.
    Happy Times,
    Rezdog

3. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I agree - the unexposed covers look wrong on this bass. I got my BH5 just over two years ago and when it showed up it had the plastic non-exposed covers on it. I called Reverend and they explained that they were transitioning into these new covers. I pleaded a bit and was able to swap them out for the exposed ones though. I'm much happier with the look now.

In any case, the BH5's are great basses for the money, exposed coils or not. If you find one at the right price, grab it. I got an artist deal off of the already super reasonable prices so I was especially pleased from a value standpoint.

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Side note: is it not possible to just take the cover off? I've got the later covered pole model as well, just like the ebay one...

5. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Unfortunately, no. It's the actual shell that the pick-up sits in. It's not the end of the world though, it's just aesthetics.