Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Brad Houser Owners?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freebeer, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Any of you own one of these basses? I thought I remembered someone on here owning one.

Anyway, I just got one...what an awesome axe!! I am however getting a lot of noise from the buzzing when I don't touch the strings. Grounding buzz that exists regardless of how I have the pickups selected. My 4 string rumblefish is silent with both pickups on and I sort of expect this to be the same. Any of you BH5 owners out there experience this or is it just a grounding issue?

Also, I contacted the guys at reverend and they were great. Offered to check it out if I felt like bringing it it (I'm local) but I won't have any time to do so anytime soon.

2. No brad houser owners out there???

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I *wish* I was a Rev BH5 owner! But to answer your question: the BH5 should *not* be noisy in all modes. I suspect you have a grounding problem... probably a loose wire that can easily be traced and repaired by the Reverend guys.

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I have one and I love it. I'm very disappointed that Reverend is no longer making them.

I think I may have had a similar problem with mine. I would suggest checking that the ground wire is actually touching the back of the bridge. You may want to pull the bridge off and hit it with an abrasive pad to make sure that the ground wire is making contact with unfinished metal.

5. Sounds like I need to just let the reverend guys check it out since it's only a week old! It's a great bass and it is a shame that reverend will no longer be making them but oh well, they have to make money and the bass market was not working with them to achieve that goal.

6. I had a Rumblefish with the same "problem", and Joe told me it was normal. It would buzz when I didn't have my hands on the strings. I loved that bass, and I miss it very much. :bawl:

7. Like I said, my 4 string rumblefish is silent when both pickups are on. If reverend says it's normal I am not worried, I can shield the crap out of it and probably eliminate the buzz myself.

8. mine tends to do this when it's near a computer (i.e. in my bedroom), but otherwise it's pretty much silent.

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    If anyone has one to part with, lemme know. thanks!

10. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Our very own BovineHost is selling his Lava Swirl Houser on ebay.
    Houser
    Buy it now price of 800. Would buy it myself, but I am anticipating the arrival of a dragonfly green PJ

11. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I hate selling this bass.

Oh hell, I hate selling any good bass.

Ah well. Thanks for noticing, I don't expect it to last long.

*depressed*

12. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,

Last long on ebay? I didn't even know about it. Goes to show if you blink you'll miss something. Damn. :meh:
    Rezdog