Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend finish generator!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, May 3, 2002.

1. Hey DHC, that's pretty cool! I sold my black Fish 5L last week and ordered the Brad Houser in engine turn finish. Am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I remembered seeing a picture of yours with a maple fretboard but they said that option's not available on the Houser neck.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That Brad Houser looks like a killer axe! I like Reverend basses a lot, just by the looks. They have that retro thing going for them, and when you get the bug eye or engine turn finishes, it seems like that 50's futuristic thing.

I'd like a 5er in Bug eye, myself.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I was glad you picked up that Brad Houser 5 from the website. That is currently the only bass that I have GAS for. I've played Dave Siff's blue Reverend (#42), and his old BugEye Chrome one that he sold. I think they are amazing basses.

I don't need another 5 string, and I've been going through money like I was allergic to it, so I'm glad the temptation is gone. :D

4. yeah, i probably won't be buying another reverend bass unless they start making unlined fretless an option (just because i think having two of the same bass is excess, not because i have any problems with mine). but it's still fun to look.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
  7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Is the b tight on the Houser? Is it a 34" scale?

8. The Houser has a 35" scale. I briefly owned a Reverend 5 (#20 of the 5-strings) in 1999 and it had a great B string.