1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverend guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by withdevil, May 6, 2006.

1. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    sup guys

are reverend guitars also good? like bass?

2. Mine is. It's crazy versatile and sexy.

Attached Files:

• ck2.
      ck2.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  3. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Yup, they sure are. The guitar palyer/vocalist in my band has had an endorsment deal(pictured at the NAMM booth) with Reverend for a while, so I've had a lot of experience with their instruments. They only make the U.S.A. built ones on a limited basis now. Most production has moved over seas (Korea I think) I've played the new Club King 290, like the one in the post above, and it's a great guitar. Joe voices the guitars a little dark so we swapped out the volume pot for a higer value(can't remember if it was a 500K or 1 meg) and the thing just kicks A**. I would recomend getting the Roller bridge too esp. if you get the Bigsby option. They're priced quite nicley too. A lot of guitar for the money. Oh one other note. It's a Fender scale length if that matters to you.

4. This info is a bit out of date. There's no more US production, sadly, and Bigsby is no longer an option, but they do offer the lauded "Les Trem."

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    My friend has a Custom built one he bought from an estate sale. It is one of the best guitars I have ever played.

6. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Huh? I just checked the website and you're right. This must be a recent change, because I was at the website a couple of weeks back and they still saying that the Rick Vito model would still be U.S. made. I don't see it on the site anymore. Same for the Bigsby, although my guitar players Rev. has a regular B7 Bigsby(installed later) not the horseshoe like the production models had.

7. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    heh

8. Back in 1999, I was playing my Reverend bass in a band and the guitar player had a Les Paul, which he swore by. I kept telling him he had to try a Reverend guitar. He kept resisting, but one afternoon we were loading in for a gig at a club next door to the local Reverend dealer, so we walked over there. He tried a couple or three Reverends. The one with the P-90s in it, he could not put down. He rifled through all the sounds this thing had to offer -- Strat, Tele, Les Paul, PRS, etc. -- and he kept saying, "Wow. Wow. Wow." I'm like, "Man, buy it and play it tonight." He said he could never get used to it because it weighed so little, and put it back on wall.
    I'd say that Reverend was probably the best-sounding guitar I've ever heard.

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine

Word!