Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Horton Heat

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Opinions on these guys, I think they f-ing rule!!!!!!

2. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    The Rev is awesome. He has this one song, 'Loaded Gun', that just makes me want to sit in a dark room alone and drink. They've got surprising range and emotion for a rockabilly combo, and an absolutely venomous sense of humor. Good stuff!

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    My religious studies teacher is called Reverend Horton. :meh:

4. Too bad he isnt THE Reverend Horton (Heat)

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Truely a fantastic band. This is music related though and belongs in Misc.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "It's martini time!"

7. Oh yeah, misc....I wasn't sure where to put it, so off topic was my first guess

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Great band! I saw them about 8 yrs ago in Santa Cruz. They had a great metal edged drummer which they subsequently lost. I saw them a couple years later without the drummer and they had lost a lot of steam. Great band though.

9. Around when did they lose their first drummer, and what era was that in (album)?

10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I lived in Santa Cruz from 93-95 so the drummer I liked was with them then. I saw them again around 95-97 maybe with a new drummer. I never owned any albums so I'm not sure what era by album. They kicked ass though! It was also really cool seeing them with the Santa Cruz surf-a-billy scene in the mid 90s.

11. someone told me their bass player is from my town (which is very tiny, btw), but i'm not sure if thats true or not.

They are good, but I can't stand that "hey johnny bravo" thing thats on cartoon network right now.

12. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Check out his "greatest hits" album. It is called "Holy Roller" and contains some of his best from the first several albums. "Holy Roller" also contains the song "Where in the Hell Did You Go With My Toothbrush?", which is a rare track that ranks among his best work.

13. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I love the Reverend :) One of my all-time favorites.

I've seen them a few times live and they put on a great show. Definitely one of my favorite bands to see live, too. (maybe the favorite)

And Jimbo is just great. :) I dig the drummer too (Scott Churilla). He likes to do silly stuff like twirling his sticks and god knows what else, while playing a gazillion miles an hour.