Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Houser 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Well;
    I've had my Houser 5 for about 2 months now. I bought it new from Mountain Music in KC (nice guys). I think it was the last one, or at least it was the only new one still in the dealer network.
    I'm glad I didn't sell my 5L to buy it, as they're pretty different. I really like the wider neck on the Houser, and it has a fatter rounder tone with the humbuckers switched all on. It also possesses whatever magical thing Reverend basses have that let them blow right thru a live mix.
    I dunno why folks never bought into the Reverend bass as a concept. They have killer necks, killer tone, nice and light, well balanced to wear on stage...
    Did their somehwat "eclectic" looks kill them?
    While I mostly play upright anymore, when I play electric, it's a Reverend 5.

Later!

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Great bass.
    I tryed to order one, I was to late.

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Hmmm.....Doing the math,you found a new BH5 after the cut off date? You lucky dog.
    I've got a black & white BH5. I wanted to get another BH5 and a P/J before the cutoff date but the world economic situation conspired against me. Yes folks, I blame society! (It's easier to do than the wife and kids)
    But anyways... I don't know why people didn't pick up on Reverend. Joe Naylor and the gang made amazing bass guitars.
    They're easy playing and great sounding. And everyone of them feels like a nice ol' friend. Oh ya,the 5's have got a great B string,NO FLUB! I guess they're not the most photogenic, but once you see and hold one that all changes.
    Check out my Reverend Factory Visit Rumour thread.

Happy Times,
    Rezdog

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I ordered a Sadowsky just before I learned the news that Reverend was discontinuing basses... I had to sell some stuff just to save for the Sadowsky; couldn't afford another bass. :( I'm kicking myself for not having bought a BH5 already.

5. Chef, glad you are digging your Reverends so much! They truly have the magic. If Rezdog's factory visit rumor turns out to be true, I'm gettin' myself a fiver to go with my pair of fours.

6. jeflepard

jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I also bought one of the last Reverend BH 5's and it is a tone monster. I always get positive comments at the gigs. The neck is to die for. I love mine.