Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend making 20 new 5 strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That's all the details I could get from them other than they'll be done and posted on the site in about a week or two. Made from leftover parts, and no indications that they're back in the bass biz...

chef

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I hope none of them are Brad Housers, or else I'll wind up spending money I don't have. :help:

3. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    thank god I already have one and don't even like 5 strings or there might be a 4th 'fish in my pond!

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    the slow agony of the beloved Rumblefish....

5. Good thing I don't play 5-string.. :hyper:

6. Yah, I got that from them today too. I was ordering some pups they had on their site.

7. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Nope. There will be no new Brad Houser's in this batch.
    Rezdog

8. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Does that mean there will be rumblefishies?
    A friend of mine got one of the last ones, and has been telling me how much he likes it.

9. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    I believe they'll all be long 5's. Think of them as 35" Fish with a B. Still an outstanding bass with great tone and one of the best B strings you can buy. No flub and passive goodness. The necks on Reverend basses are also incredible to play. Like a nice worn in Fender with no dead spots.
    Rezdog

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Sweet!

There's still a leftover four banger in birdseye on there too.

11. R.Lee

R.Lee

Nov 12, 2005
    oHIo
    Whaaaaaaaaaa :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Why did my daughter have to get married?

12. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    That'd be the 5L. I have one (have a BH5 too!), and I love it dearly. Massive tone, awesome neck. If I didn't have one, I'd buy one of these. Heck, I might buy one of these if they have a top I like better;)

13. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That is hot. Very well done! If they weren't 35", I might be looking at 'em. They sound so good! Are the 4-strings 34" scale, or are they also 35"?

14. stretch80

stretch80

Jan 31, 2005
    These look very cool.

Hmmm - I've never played a Rev bass -- a friend has one of their guitars that I love. I've got a Stingray 5 and a P-bass and like both those sounds. Should I think about replacing my Ray with a Rev -- the pickup / switching is a similar concept, but different position, passive, hollow. Can anyone describe their sound?

15. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I was just sitting here looking at the site with my wife.

me: Don't these look gorgeous?
    her: They look pretty nea.. wait, are you thinking of buying one? They look HIDEOUS! I can't believe anyone would get one of those! Geez!

I have to say that the black and blue ones are even cooler looking than the ones they had before. I wonder why they weren't doing more of them.

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is there a link to where they are avaiable to look at?

17. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
  18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How are the Bs?

19. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Awesome B string. Best one i've got, and I have a Fender Jazz Plus 5 Deluxe, and a G&L 2500 that I both like pretty well.