1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Reverend Mercalli 4 Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AngusHasMoxie, Oct 4, 2017.

1. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Formerly endorsed by Carvin, Basson and Dimarzio
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bought this brand new in October, (thread here: NBD!!)
    here's a brief synopsis of my experience with this bass:

1. Bought a B stock from MF.
    2. It was defective, sent it back, they gave me a discounted price on a brand new one (this bass).
    3. In the interest of being open, I paid $825 for this bass after taxes. (retail $899+tax)
    4. Some more thoughts on this model bass in my CMG review megathread: My Trip to Chicago Music Exchange (lots of reviews! Alembic/Mayones/Nash/Fender and more)

Since that megathread ended up with me bringing home a Nash P Bass, my Mercalli has sat in its case since March of this year. I normally hate the thought of selling an instrument, but I feel like I am done with the one. I've got studio time coming up and I want to pick up a MIM P bass as a #2 to the Nash for consistency during gigs, so cash or a P bass trade is on the table.

I don't want to ship it, but I will if you pay for and arrange it. I'm located in Western Mass near I90 and I91, and I'm willing to travel a decent distance to meet up with a buyer. I will throw in a white coffin case that fits it nicely, but is a little beat up (pics included).

The condition is like new, not a scratch on it that I can find, the paint looks fantastic, and the only mod I made was some dimarzio clip locks. I have the original strap buttons that I'll put back on if you'd like.

Ok, picture time!
    IMAG0430.jpg IMAG0431.jpg IMAG0432.jpg IMAG0433.jpg

As you can see, I've currently got the action SLAMMED down, but the bridge on these things can do just about whatever you want. Strings are DR High Beams with plenty of life left.

As for the case,
    IMAG0434.jpg IMAG0435.jpg
    I've had it for over ten years, latches are still great, and the interior is still looking not half bad. This bass in this case turns heads for sure :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    CGremlin likes this.
  2. CGremlin

CGremlin Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Palm Bay, FL
    Gorgeous color. GLWTS!

3. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    yeah, it looks great on stage too with those sparkles, I always got a few people asking me 'what kinda bass is that?' after shows. Now that I'm playing a P nobody cares :(

4. CGremlin

CGremlin Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Palm Bay, FL
    Surprising - a Reverend headstock is recognizable a mile away. :)

5. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    On Hold pending trade

6. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Traded!