Reverend Pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Aug 18, 2003.

1. If you own a Reverend bass post some pics of it. I would really like to see some of the metal finishes they used to offer. I'm thinking about getting a 5L and Reverend says they can do any of the old finishes that they still have the materials for.

All finishes welcome.
  2. sound clips would be awesome too/.
  3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Here's a picture of the 2 Rumblefish-5's that I owned, but no longer. I bought both of them new.
    They are nice basses.
  4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    i've got a 4 string fish in white/gold and a 5'er in blue/white. sorry but i,m too much of an old-fogey computer gimp to get a picture to post! bought them both off of ebay. I love the 4 'fish--strung w/ T jazz flats, it rings 'n sings! I've never really warmed up to the 5, but that's just me--die-hard four stringer. I've seen pictures of the Reverend metal tops and I always liked the one called "bug-eye" the best. I think thr rumblefish is a truly innovative instrument that plays and sounds great, plus, I like the looks!
  5. Here's a pic of my blue Reverend, alongside my Curbow. My Rumblefish is the 47th bass they made. I've had it almost five years, and it's still an absolute killer.. the best bass I've ever owned. I've also owned a bug-eye top 4-string and a green 5, but parted with both.

6. I think the best way to describe the sound is that time-worn cliche -- "Jazz bass on steroids." My Reverend sounds huge.. not only tremendous output, but great tone as well. Part of that is due to the semi-hollow body, and the pickups (Kent Armstrong) are really hot. Mine is an early one, like I said, and they're using different pickups now, so I can't speak to the sound of more recent ones. But I'm sure they sound killer. I highly recommend Reverend basses!
  7. Nice dancehall! Theres one note in your opening line, perhaps an open E, that sounds ever so fat.

Big, warm and growly.

Hey, maybe your band should write a tune by that name. :bassist:
  8. I'm not a big fan of their looks....but I keep hearing how awesome they sound...... can someone PLEASE put soundclips of 'em here! :crying: :bawl: :crying: :bawl:
  9. you're not too observant, are ya buster?
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

11. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    For Pete's sake, would somebody just step up to the plate and post a clip.....or even an entire song!!!:D
  12. If I'm not mistakenly, I believe the link posted by dancehallcrasher(yeah the one with the .mp3 at the end of it) is a link to a song that features the sounds of a Reverend bass.

Are people slow on the uptake or what?:confused:

just kidding;)

13. dude I see there is a song..not a song clip with just the bass how is it that I'm not too observant?
  14. actually....never mind that......I didn't give the song a chance.......

that bass sounds really really nice!
  15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Here is a pic of Rev Jeff Mosier (ear Reverants, BlueGround UnderGrass)....

16. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    damn....sounds really good! I normally think they look sorta weird...but that black one up there is to die for!