Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Rumblefish 5L???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Aug 12, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    anyone use one? pros? cons? pics?

gotta admit, they look mad cool. too bad you cant get the flame or hawaiian scene finishes.

2. I don't know if I'm really qualified to respond since I play the 4, not the 5...but that won't stop me. Given that my 4 is the XL version with the series/parallel/single coil mini-toggle switch, I can say that you will get more tonal variation from the Brad Houser 5 if that's what you're looking for. The 5L will, more or less, give you Jazz Bass-like tones but the tone will be somewhat fatter than any Jazz Bass. An added plus is the neck...wonderful. I have played the 5L in a music store and I own a 4-string Rumblefish XL.

3. I had a 5L and I have a Houser. They rule.

4. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    They really are sweet basses. Lots of nice, round bottom in a surprising light package, and the neck is one of the nicest around. I wish these were around when I was first starting out on 5! I purchased it new to use as a "bar bass," but it's never seen the inside of a bar...too nice! If you want a light, passive bass that plays effortlessly and sounds great, you really can't go wrong. I'd love to hear the Houser; even more, I'd love to see these offered as six stringers!

Shameless Sales Pitch: :D

Coincidently, I'm looking to sell my 5L...dead mint, navy blue, rosewood board, silver mist pickguard and Rev gigbag, $375 shipped. My pics are too big to post here, but if anyone's interested just PM me. This bass is too nice to not get played!