Reverend Rumblefish 5L???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Aug 12, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    anyone use one? pros? cons? pics?

gotta admit, they look mad cool. too bad you cant get the flame or hawaiian scene finishes.
  2. I don't know if I'm really qualified to respond since I play the 4, not the 5...but that won't stop me. Given that my 4 is the XL version with the series/parallel/single coil mini-toggle switch, I can say that you will get more tonal variation from the Brad Houser 5 if that's what you're looking for. The 5L will, more or less, give you Jazz Bass-like tones but the tone will be somewhat fatter than any Jazz Bass. An added plus is the neck...wonderful. I have played the 5L in a music store and I own a 4-string Rumblefish XL.
  3. I had a 5L and I have a Houser. They rule.
  4. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    They really are sweet basses. Lots of nice, round bottom in a surprising light package, and the neck is one of the nicest around. I wish these were around when I was first starting out on 5! I purchased it new to use as a "bar bass," but it's never seen the inside of a bar...too nice! If you want a light, passive bass that plays effortlessly and sounds great, you really can't go wrong. I'd love to hear the Houser; even more, I'd love to see these offered as six stringers!

Shameless Sales Pitch: :D

Coincidently, I'm looking to sell my 5L...dead mint, navy blue, rosewood board, silver mist pickguard and Rev gigbag, $375 shipped. My pics are too big to post here, but if anyone's interested just PM me. This bass is too nice to not get played!