Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Rumblefish PJ w/maple neck

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bovinehost, Apr 20, 2004.

1. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I don't know why I thought, once again, that I would like a bass with a maple neck. In any case, I have a whole school of Fish basses and due to circumstances beyond my control, which may or may not be Bongo-related, one of them has to go. The other two are fivers, so this one is up for grabs.

It's just about as mint as it gets. No visible marks anywhere, and not much playing time, never been gigged and I didn't rub my naked body against it or anything.

Comes with fancy schmancy Rev two-tone HSC and lovely hot-rod-esque guitar strap. You pay shipping, which shouldn't be over 25 bucks.

Price: $625. You can't beat that and you know you want to be seen with this bass.

[​IMG]

Email me with any questions or if you want more info or picture of me playing it naked.

Wait, not naked, I'm telling you, I didn't do that.

If this doesn't sell, I'm not going to cry, but I promised myself I would make some effort. So here it is. Do with me what you will.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    OMG I want it, but I've never played one so I really don't know. Maple neck and the orange = my fav though. What's the string spacing/action like?

3. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    I changed the strings to EB Flats and did the setup myself, so the action, if I must say so, is excellent.

The string spacing is...hmm, I don't know, more like a Jazz or a Sterling than a Precision. It is a really cool looking bass, isn't it?

Drop me a line. bovinehost(at)satx(dot)rr(dot)com

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    FWIW, the neck profile is based on a '62 Jazz Bass, and it's one of the most comfy playing 4 string necks I've played on.

It's so good that Daev Siff had the neck on his custom 4 string Curbow based on his Reverend neck.

That orange Reverend is killing me, but I've a)tried to swear off of buying 4 strings, and b)started saving for a fretless Bongo 5.

Buy it so I don't have to think about, anymore. :D

5. Mail's on its way...............now!

6. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    I might consider the right trade, but it probably wouldn't be a Jazz bass, even if I do love them. I have two right now (62 RI and a Custom Shop 64) and if I can't do it with those, I'm in trouble.

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    email sent

8. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Still available and now starring in an eBay Drama near you.