Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Reverend Rumblefish PJ - WTT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheLarch, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

I am looking to trade my Reverend Rumblefish PJ.

I'm the second owner and have had it for almost two years. It sounds huge and has THE perfect jazz neck that fits your hand like that proverbial glove. Condition is excellent with only minor player wear. There are NO issues and no excuses. These are no longer made and more than a few players on this site and others know the value of Reverend basses. Do a search if necessary to see the extent to which bass players sing the praises of the Reverend Rumblefish.

Basic specs:

- Moroccan Gold aluminum top and back (an upgrade which I believe added about $100 to the original price and has the benefit of reducing hum vs standard tops)

- rosewood fretboard on maple 1.5" neck

- Kent Armstrong P pickup / upgraded Dimarzio Model J pickup. I also have the original Kent Armstrong J pickup which will be included. The original owner told me he added the Dimarzio to reduce hum and it must have worked as this bass is dead quiet.

- Reverend gigbag and case candy

I am interested in the following in trade:

1) Music Man Stingray / Sterling / Sabre (prefer maple board and burst or see-through finish - My bass heaven would be "Burnt Apple with matching headstock and maple neck);

2) G&L L2000 / L1500 / Climax (again, prefer maple board and burst or see-through finish. It would also be nice if pickups and cavity have been shielded to save me a step. Definitely no 1.75" necks but I'm cool with 1.5" or 1.625".; or

3) Mesa Walkabout

Also interested in:

Lakland Skyline 44-02

Lakland Darryl Jones 4

Lakland Skyline Jerry Scheff 4-string (preferably in Candy Apple Red with pickguard but I'll take any colour)

Epiphone Elitist Thunderbird (please note, NO regular Epiphone Thunderbirds)

Gibson Thunderbird

Orville / Greco Thunderbird

Jerry Jones Longhorn or shorthorn

I am also open to other interesting trades but please have them be comparable in value.

Photos:

Reverend Rumblefish PJ

If no decent trades are proposed but you are still interested in buying this outright, I'd like $650 plus shipping of $30.

Thanks!

Stephen

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  3. TheLarch

That Fender Jazz Plus is awfully sweet! I'm big fan of those and think they are very under-rated. Unfortunately, I'm just a four-string kind of guy, otherwise, I'd probably take you up on it.

I see from your profile you have a slew of Fender's, G&L's and a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody. Any non-P-width 4's? Are you open to trading the Lakland?

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I just got the Lakland;) Oh well, thanks anyhoo...

5. TheLarch

Bump!

6. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris

May 7, 2005
    Palatine, IL
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    I've got a Jerry Jones Longhorn, but it's a 6-string.

Interested?

7. TheLarch

I'll have to pass on the 6-string - if it were a four, we'd be done.

thanks, though.

8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    PM sent.

9. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris

May 7, 2005
    Palatine, IL
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    Trade an Acoustic Image Contra Series II or Bag End S15X-D +/- cash?

That's all the bass trade stuff I have right now.

10. TheLarch

Folmeister, PM Sent!

Chris, if only I hadn't purchased my Eden WT300 and 210XLT a few months ago. The AI and BagEnd are the perfect size small rig for my shows in NYC. Thanks, though.

11. TheLarch

Pending sale!

12. TheLarch

Deal fell through - such is life.

Still available.

13. drew_z

drew_z

Sep 4, 2005
    East Coast
    any interest in an MIM Jazz? :D Nah, I didn't think so. Nice looking Rumblefish though - deserving of my first ever free bump on talkbass.

14. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    howzabout an aqua cirrus fretless 4?

15. TheLarch

Unfortunately, I'm not a fretless kind of guy, but as everyone here knows or should know, the Cirrus is an excellent and still under-rated bass. I especially like them in the blue.

16. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Private Msg sent Saturday afternoon.

17. TheLarch

Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in the bass but it has found a new home with BrooklynBassGuy.

Thanks, Gregory!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.