SOLD Reverend Rumblefish PJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

It's back on the block and gotta go. I'm revamping my rig to drop significant weight and that means adding dollars. So even though I love the Rumblefish PJ, and this one in particular gets the exact right sound for a bunch of tunes, having two of them is more than I can justify. So it's available

[​IMG]

You will get:
    - moroccan gold Reverend Rumblefish PJ
    - DiMarzio Model J pickup installed, original included
    - Fender ML flats
    - Reverend gig bag

It's in very good shape. There is a little bit of wear that you can see when the angle of the light is just right on the body (see more pics here). The sound, to me, is magnificent. I like all knobs full up - there's depth from the P, growl from the J and air from the semihollow body. Clarity, depth and growl all at once. Or you can get gruntier by favoring the P or growlier by favoring the J. With the DiMarzio Model J bridge pickup there's no single coil hum at all.

I'm asking exactly what I paid for it when I bought it from brooklynbassguy - $750 including shipping in the contiguous 48, paypal OK

I might be interested in working a trade for one of the following:
    - G&L basses with 1.5" nut width, satin neck finish and "standard" body shape (no ASATs), Tribute or US
    - Acoustic Image Focus III
    - Iamp 500/800

2. craigb

Some more trade ideas:

Waterstone ME-2B
    Godin Acoustibass (old one with double-cut body style and 1.5" nut width) - fretted or fretless
    Tune WB-4FM fretless

Other than that - the Rumblefish PJ seems to be one of my "holy grail" tones, but it isn't quite as comfortable to play as a G&L with skinny neck. So something that would combine those things - the sound of the Rfish PJ and the comfort of a #6 neck G&L - would be a dream come true. It would probably have to be semi-hollow, have a slim neck and a "normal" body shape (gotta have the upper horn). Got something like that? Maybe a Citron AE4? Something else? Run it by me . . .

3. craigb

Price drop - $675 shipped, paypal OK

At this price it will come with the original Reverend J pickup and I'll swap the DiMarzio into my bugeye Fish.

I've got FunkyLemz's Thunderfunk on the way so I don't need an amp any more. But I would be interested in a high quality cab like:

Schroeder 1210 or 1212 light (yeah, right - they've just started shipping)
    Bergantino 1x12
    EA CXL-112L

and, as always, G&Ls with 1.5" nut width & satin necks are the bomb for me (L2K, Climax, JB-2, SB-2, . . .)

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    you've got pm

5. craigb

Deal made with Chef . . . (I'll lock it up once it completes)

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.