Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Reverend Rumblefish PJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

It's back on the block and gotta go. I'm revamping my rig to drop significant weight and that means adding dollars. So even though I love the Rumblefish PJ, and this one in particular gets the exact right sound for a bunch of tunes, having two of them is more than I can justify. So it's available

[​IMG]

You will get:
    - moroccan gold Reverend Rumblefish PJ
    - DiMarzio Model J pickup installed, original included
    - Fender ML flats
    - Reverend gig bag

It's in very good shape. There is a little bit of wear that you can see when the angle of the light is just right on the body (see more pics here). The sound, to me, is magnificent. I like all knobs full up - there's depth from the P, growl from the J and air from the semihollow body. Clarity, depth and growl all at once. Or you can get gruntier by favoring the P or growlier by favoring the J. With the DiMarzio Model J bridge pickup there's no single coil hum at all.

I'm asking exactly what I paid for it when I bought it from brooklynbassguy - $750 including shipping in the contiguous 48, paypal OK

I might be interested in working a trade for one of the following:
    - G&L basses with 1.5" nut width, satin neck finish and "standard" body shape (no ASATs), Tribute or US
    - Acoustic Image Focus III
    - Iamp 500/800

2. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Some more trade ideas:

Waterstone ME-2B
    Godin Acoustibass (old one with double-cut body style and 1.5" nut width) - fretted or fretless
    Tune WB-4FM fretless

Other than that - the Rumblefish PJ seems to be one of my "holy grail" tones, but it isn't quite as comfortable to play as a G&L with skinny neck. So something that would combine those things - the sound of the Rfish PJ and the comfort of a #6 neck G&L - would be a dream come true. It would probably have to be semi-hollow, have a slim neck and a "normal" body shape (gotta have the upper horn). Got something like that? Maybe a Citron AE4? Something else? Run it by me . . .

3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Price drop - $675 shipped, paypal OK

At this price it will come with the original Reverend J pickup and I'll swap the DiMarzio into my bugeye Fish.

I've got FunkyLemz's Thunderfunk on the way so I don't need an amp any more. But I would be interested in a high quality cab like:

Schroeder 1210 or 1212 light (yeah, right - they've just started shipping)
    Bergantino 1x12
    EA CXL-112L

and, as always, G&Ls with 1.5" nut width & satin necks are the bomb for me (L2K, Climax, JB-2, SB-2, . . .)

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    you've got pm

5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Deal made with Chef . . . (I'll lock it up once it completes)

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.