Reverend Rumblefish XL-4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dave Siff, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Well, I hate to do this, but I've suddenly been hit with a rather large car repair bill and one of my Reverends has to go.
    This one is a Rumblefish XL-4 model 4-string. It's semi-hollow with a mahogany center block, phenolic top and back,
    and a 21-fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. The XL-4 electronics set-up is two Reverend J pickups with a master volume, tone, and a three-way pickup selector.. single-coil, series or parallel. The result is, this bass can sound like a Jazz or a MusicMan at the flick of a switch. It's got cahones, for sure. It's also lightweight and plays very easily.
    This bass also has Reverend's "bugeye black chrome" finish, which was a $200 upgrade. This looks super cool.. you WILL turn heads with this thing!
    The bass itself is in excellent condition. The only blemish is a scratch mark behind the bridge, from the ball end of a string. The black-and-white teardrop hardshell case has some scuffs and small tears on it, but is still in great shape.
    With the case, this bass cost me $1000 new. I'm asking $700, and the buyer will pay shipping. If you are within a 3-hour drive of Atlanta, I will deliver it or we can meet halfway.

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Putting this up top for ya here Dave...

Hey, why you selling the Bugeye Chrome Fish? I thought the blue one was your backup (and thus, the one youd sell)? Or is it just because you can get more for this one?

Anyhow, im terribly sorry to hear about the Fish and the car. Stupid Ford.
  3. Thanks, Angus.
    The reason the bugeye chrome 'Fish was up for sale is because the blue one is #47 and I want to keep it for that reason.
    And the bugeye chrome 'Fish is no longer for sale. Played 'em both all day yesterday and they're just too good.. can't part with either one. I may get a maple neck for the chrome one.
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ooo, maple neck would be cool! That would sound killer!

Wait, what happened with the car then?

Just keep the damn Thompson!
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, don't sell that Thompson to anyone except me!