Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Rumblefish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SugarLounge, Jan 15, 2001.

1. SugarLounge

SugarLounge

Jan 13, 2001
    Has anyone out there ever owned or tried a Reverend Rumblefish? What did you think?

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Do a search, click on the little globe at the top of the page. Search for Reverend,topics, in Basses BG, and you'll have enough to read all night.

3. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    Here we go again!!!Dave Siff is actually selling one of his on Bassgear.com

4. It's for sale here, too, down in the classifieds.
    SugarLounge, do a search and you'll find a lot of discussion on the 'Fish, but I can tell you they are great basses. I just can't afford to keep two of 'em right now!

5. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    SugarLounge,After you read the old thread about the fish,you may think Im the "Anti-fish"but thats not true.Just make sure you find one thats set-up properly before you pass judgement.And draw your own conclusions.
    I only have experience with the 5 string.

6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I've had 2 different 5-string 'Fish (one of which came to me by way of Dave)...both were great, especially if you figure in the "bang-for-the-buck". They're as good or better than many basses which cost much more. The alternative construction takes a little bit of getting used to, but after that, no problem. Big attention-getters, too.

7. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I have had the blue 5 string 'fish now for over a year. We lived through being dropped and cracked because of my ignorance (didn't put strap locks on it until after repairs).

Great sounding, not tremendously versatile but has a few extremely useable sounds. Tight B string. Very punchy, extremely easy to play, different looking, jury out on whether it's cool looking or not, I personally don't care. There's a brief picture on my band's website in the introduction part that shows me playing the fish late last year at a gig. thecrowdpleasers.net

Bang for buck extrordinaire. Don't ever , ever, drop it on a hard surface!!!!! Have had nothing but compliments on it's sound but I also know that using it through two EA cabinets don't hurt it!!!

If you don't want to spend a bundle and like being and using something different, Go Get it Girl. If you're a conservative Fender lover at heart, change your attitude. This bass will out perform any passive fender except a Roscoe Beck for several hundreds less.

LKaye