1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverend Trussrod Q

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Chef, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I recently aquired a Reverend Rumblefish P/J...love the bass;) But I have a setup issue I need some advise with.
    The neck is straight as an arrow, no bow to it at all. It's strung with Fender 9050 flats.
    The saddles are *super high*, and in fact on the center two strings, the adjust screws have been replaced with ones that are a little longer...
    But, the action is still super low, enough so that it's a little buzzy on the frets in the higher register. Last night I tired to lossen the trussrod to add a little more curve to the neck, thus effectively raising the action a tad. The adjust nut is in fact about all the way loose...How can I get a little more curve into my neck gents?

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I called Reverend support. They recommend shimming the neck pocket with a peice of 320 grit sandpaper. He also said that the saddle adjsuter screws that looked to be longer and replaced were in fact stock...

3. Krzych_w

Krzych_w

May 11, 2005
    Hello, Maybe the adjusting screw look loger because someone puted uder adjusting screw some washers to straight the neck, and now You can't loose more your neck. If you want to check this, You must loose strings absolutelly, and completly unscrew the adjusting skrew. Remember, results of adjusting trussrod are visibly after several hours.