1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverse Burst?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sublimate, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Anyone have a picture of a bass (or ever, gasp, a guitar) with a reverse burst? By that I mean one that has black in the middle and color at the edges (ie, the revese of a normal burst). I thought I'd heard of such a thing, but I can't find any pictures.

2. that is an interesting concept :)

i'd like to see them too, if there is such a thing!

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 yeah that would be pretty unique , cant say I have ever seen anything like that.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    another vote for wanting to see that :D

-jimbo

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, I know how standard burst jobs are made, and with that knowledge, I know that a reverse would be damn near impossible, without a new technique.

I'd like to see if there is such a thing

6. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I have an old Heartfield that had a really ugly 80s burst like that. But both colors were solid, so maybe not a true burst like you're asking for. It was like a metalic black center with a metalic hot pink edge. I say was, because it was so ugly it has since been stripped! Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures before.

7. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Somebody posted one in one of the threads recently. i think it's the Ibanez Family thread.

8. yea I want to see that too!

9. If this is the one you're talking about:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2830769&postcount=227
    That's not quite what I'm thinking of.

Less black, more color (classic sunburst, or blue or green burst), and some wood grain showing thru.

10. wow!

11. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Yeah that's similar to it, only the edges on mine were like a dark hot pink.