Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverse GAS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..Is it even possible? I mean, lately I've been getting this strange urge to replace my gear with a cheap Ibanez beginner bass and an Ashdown EB-combo :eek:

Perhaps it's just the depression from cover band that doesn't seem to work like it should, or something. I better consult a doctor..

Anyways, ever happened to anyone else? When can I expect the good ol' "couple of Sadowskys and a full EBS rig"-phase to kick in again?

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    You must have taken GAS-X or beano or something that removes gas. :p

3. Tsal I know the feeling. I recently sold my Stingray and back up Ampeg B2r. Mostly due to my cover bands lack of local gigs now that summer has ended. IMO there's no doubt about it " the gear bone's connected to the gig bone" . On the good side however I find myself practicing more often with all the time I used to spend shopping for the latest Gas attack. Don't worry we all still want a Sadowsky some of us just don't want it for around the house.

4. Yep. A year ago I had six bass guitars,including a 5 and a 6, plus a double bass and electric upright. Now I have 1 bass guitar and my double bass. I just got sick of the clutter, and realised that my Jazz bass and my double bass were all I was using at gigs. I also got rid of my PA system and stage lights, which meant I could get rid of my van and buy a station wagon. :D
    I've been in stripped down mode for 5 months now, and have no urge to aquire more gear. However, the local music shop has got a mint TRB6P going cheap........sigh.........

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

My idea of reverse GAS would be to come to the realisation that you need to spend your time and money on getting to be a better player - maybe spend that money on lessons,classes,study and the time on actually playing with as many people as possible and getting to be a better player/musician?

No..maybe it was too much to hope!! ;)

6. It's because I stole your GAS. I'm gassin' badly for a second bass and a 2x10 cab. But I have no damn money... :bawl:

7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Im going through the same thing. Want less clutter and want to play what I keep better. Change is good and simple is good.

8. I had some huge GAS releif yesterday.

New amps are cool.

But I currently owe my mom $700:meh: :meh: :bawl:

:D