1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverse P-style pickups - can be replaced with non-reverse ones?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DaneB, Sep 17, 2008.

1. DaneB

DaneB

May 25, 2008
    Western Australia
    I have an ESP B-50 and have been considering changing the pickups on it. It has a P-style pickup, but in reverse, with the treble side ahead of the bass. It also has a J-style pickup in the bridge (and are these generally uniform size, so it could be replaced by one designed for say a Fender Jazz?)

I took the P pup off the other day to see how fits and stuff, and the two parts are independant of each other - so if I was to buy an aftermarket P pickup, could I just slot them in in reverse configuration, if the wires are long enough?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, it will work. There should be enough wire there to adjust. What pickups are stock in your ESP now? The main thing is to find a pickup that will actually sound better, so decide now what is wrong with your current P pickup, so you can pick a replacement that will make up these deficiencies.