1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverse Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by S.O.L., Apr 22, 2010.

1. S.O.L.

S.O.L.

Apr 10, 2007
    Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to reverse the filter in a Dunlop Crybaby bass wah?

What I mean is instead of the standard: heel-open, toe-closed

I'd like it to be: heel-closed, toe-open.

I tried a google search, but I couldn't find anything easily so I figured maybe someone on here has performed this mod in the past and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    You could just pull back on the wah instead of pushing forward when you want the reverse sweep. I do this alot with my 105q and it works just as well as switching the Up/Down sweep on a filter.

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    +1

Just rock the pedal the other way to what feels natural. Or turn the whole pedal upside down.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I think you mean the other way around, closed usually refers to the low down muffled sound at the heel end and open the bright and clangy sound at the toe end.

Anyway, you can probably do this in 2 different ways. If the potentiometer is not mounted to the circuit board, you may be able to mount it on the other side of the rack so that it turns in the opposite direction. Alternatively you could break out a soldering iron and swap the wires around on the 2 outer lugs, leaving the middle one alone.

5. The second one is the method I would suggest. Don't mess with how the pot is mounted. Swapping the wires is a much easier solution. It's just a 2-minute job if you're decent with a soldering iron

6. Jeeze guys, way to bring up a question AND answer that I was thinking about at work today. I might have to try that out later this weekend. Was thinking of making my 105q true bypass anyways since the signal loss drives me nuts, and this would be a perfect solution.

7. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe

Apr 12, 2010
    yeah, swapping the outside wires on the pot should do this.

8. Just checked mine. Swapping the pot would be impossible due to the mounting bracket. The pot has 4 wires coming off of it going to the main board, and they're in a ribbon style cable. Ideas?