1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reverse-wiring Speakon connectors (EBS Fafner)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 18, 2002.

1. I have an EBS Fafner head and an Aguilar GS410 cabinet. I'm currently using the binding post outputs on the Fafner and the 1/4" input on the GS410 (the Fafner's previous owner made the cable and very thoughtfully gave it to me), but I'd like to use Speakon cables. From what I understand, EBS wires its Speakon connectors backwards from American standards; is this true, and if so, is it relevant, or can I just use a commercially purchased Speakon-Speakon cable or a homemade one, or will I have to make a special cable?

2. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    Peter, I have an HD 350 and I made my own speakon cables. I used 1+ and 1- with no problem going to my aguilar gs 112s. I don't know if the Fafner is different. It is an older model???

3. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I have no idea if you need to reverse it for the EBS but I can say that swapping the wires around inside of a Speakon is quite simple....so I'd say just pick up a standard one and alter it as needed. Buying the Speakon connectors and whatever gauge wire you need would be equally as simple.

So, as usual, I am no help whatsoever:D