Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverse-wiring Speakon connectors (EBS Fafner)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 18, 2002.

1. I have an EBS Fafner head and an Aguilar GS410 cabinet. I'm currently using the binding post outputs on the Fafner and the 1/4" input on the GS410 (the Fafner's previous owner made the cable and very thoughtfully gave it to me), but I'd like to use Speakon cables. From what I understand, EBS wires its Speakon connectors backwards from American standards; is this true, and if so, is it relevant, or can I just use a commercially purchased Speakon-Speakon cable or a homemade one, or will I have to make a special cable?

2. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    Peter, I have an HD 350 and I made my own speakon cables. I used 1+ and 1- with no problem going to my aguilar gs 112s. I don't know if the Fafner is different. It is an older model???

3. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I have no idea if you need to reverse it for the EBS but I can say that swapping the wires around inside of a Speakon is quite simple....so I'd say just pick up a standard one and alter it as needed. Buying the Speakon connectors and whatever gauge wire you need would be equally as simple.

So, as usual, I am no help whatsoever:D