reversed headstock/neck??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by page, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Can anyone show me/ tell me about some basses that have flipped headstocks or necks, something sorta like what Glenn Cornick used??? I know im not being very detailed , sorry . Thanks for your help.
  2. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Here's my personal favorite. Regular and reversed on the same bass! :)
  3. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich made some, primarily used in the metal world. No benefit that I am aware of other than aesthetics.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my Hamer 5 string has a reverse head stock. I always thought it started as a way to steal a little Jimi Hendrix mojo.

silly IMO

I don't buy the theory, but Fodera seems to... my in-line 5 string reversed head stock has more "string" past the nut on the 'B'. Some say that will tighten and focus a B.

I just bought the thing because it is purple metal flake and total 80s :bassist:
  5. Well, its my goal to steal some of that Hendrix mojo! :D

I really just like the way they look, but I cant afford some of the ones ive seen, so ill probaly just buy a left handed neck and slap it on my p bass.
  6. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Check e-bay, I've seen charvels and jacksons on there for under 300. They have great necks that play awesome and are well made. Look for a late 80's model, they were made in Japan and I can vouch for the quality (since I still play one).
  7. marty1966

Sep 24, 2004
    Here's a Rickenbacker C64..

Attached Files:

8. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    My Kramer Striker has one, it's very cool. MusicYo is out of 'em, but you might find one on ebay cheep because they were under $200 new.
  9. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I don't know if reverse headstocks help out a B-string or not, but they definitely look goofy IMO.
  10. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999

Here's a pic of a prototype bass that never saw production. I won't mention the manufacturers name, but you have got to wonder what the hell were these guys thinking when they came up with this design.

Notice the tuners are located behind the headstock. Stringing is backwards with the E string tuner located at the top of the headstock while the G string tuner is on the bottom.

11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Is that a doubleneck? Can we get a full-size shot of that bass?
  12. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
  13. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Sure thing. ;) All I can say is Jonas Hellborg must have a very
    strong back (it is over 19 pounds :eek: )