1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

REVIEW: Malekko 616 Lo-Fi Analog Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sillyfabe, Jan 5, 2012.

1. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Hello there TB! I have for your consideration a video/written review of the Malekko 616 Lo-Fi Analog Delay.

psxone2250941.

This awesome little BBD analog delay is only available at proguitarshop.com or via classifieds (that how I got it!)

If you know about the regular 616 delay then this is a more darker version of it. Here are some key feature:

6-650ms delay time
    Modulation: LED for speed pulsation display and depth
    True or Buffered Bypass
    Internal Trimpot for gain
    Self-oscillating little beast!

Here is my video:
    Malekko 616 Lo-Fi Analog Delay - Bass Review - YouTube

Score: 5/5 :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

Any questions/concerns/requests for stuff in my profile thrown at this little BBD monster then PM/reply!

Driven Crane likes this.
  2. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    Glad to hear that your liking this pedal.

3. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I've got one and love it. I'll be working NAMM this year and I fear I'll be wanting to get the regular one and the 213. Having played with the normal 616 extensively, I can see having both on your board if you're a delay fan. The Lo-Fi is capable of strange overtones that the regular version just doesn't do.

4. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    @demon666 :thanks again!
    @vegas: yeah I have room for one more pedal (Boss sized) on my board and the more I play the Lo-Fi 616 the more I wouldnt mind a regular 616 feeding into it.

5. permanent_ice

permanent_ice

Nov 22, 2011
    Moscow, RU
    Got my Lo-fi ekko today. This little thing is built to destroy. 'Regen' and 'Mod' knobs are completely insane!

6. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    No for some reason about 3 years ago all my videos on my account got deleted but my account is stilly here. And those were ona now defunct hard drive.

drews.anderson likes this.