Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Review: Mike Watt Key Arena 10/21

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Baofu, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Awesome show, Mike and his secondmen opened up for the Red Hot Chili Peppers with the Flaming Lips in Seattle's Key Arena.

Really, Mike and the Lips really made the night for me, the secondmen were awesome, both the drummer and organ player.

Heh, it's kind of funny, because I think some people, being unfamilar with Mr. Watt, thought that when Mike strapped on the bass, he was a stagehand doing soundcheck.

When Flea jumped onstage with his trumpet, ah, man, that was awesome. And I really enjoyed the last song, when everyone got on stage.

Oh, okay, I have to settle a bet. Can you confirm or deny that it was Anthony Kiedes with the zebra head onstage?

Thanks a bunch, I had a great time last night.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    huh? how did i miss that? :(

3. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
  4. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    It was the main guy from the flaming lips.....

and yes it was a hell of a show!

5. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Main guy being....?

Because Wayne was accounted for during that last number.

Hey, small world, Dhuff, I'm from Colville.

If you look at his picture, and you look at the crowd right between the monitor(?) with the leis on it and the bass stand, that me getting killed by sadistic freaks that are right in front of anthony.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the chili peppers at the key arena the other day...i had no clue they were playing

7. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland