Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Review of my new MTD...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rulyøngo, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Hello fellow bassists:

After checking out almost every bass that I pleased I can happily say that I got my dream bass. To make a story short I bought a red MTD 435. It's body is made of Primavera and the neck is maple with a ebony fretboard (24 fret). Even though I love it's sound, my biggest surprise came when I took it to rehersal last night and everyone complimented me on the bass' sound. To me this bass is so superior from my other basses!!! And I own a Warwick Dolphin Pro I, a Music man Sterling and a Fabregues custom bass!!!

Anyway just to let you know that I just joined the MTD lovers club!!! :p

Here is the picture from Rudy's website (I will try to post my pictures during the week) :::

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice!

Welcome to the club! :p

Tom.

3. Congrats....That's a beautiful bass...:cool:

Vince

4. Thanks!!! and Amen on the # of strings!!!

here goes another:

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, this happens to me, too. One time I sat in with a friend's band at a local gig. The sound man was like "that definitely ain't no P bass!". :) Everyone, especially those who've never seen or heard one of these before comments on the clarity and definition.

By the way, beautiful MTD, congrats!! I know EXACTLY how you feel. The good news is, that feeling (pleasure/amazement) returns every time you pick it up... for me, around two years and still going... :)

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ehhh, you keep quiet... ;)

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Mine is comming in 0ne week!!!!! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :D
    that makes 2 baby!!! :D :D :D

8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Congratulations. It looks really beautiful.
    The MTD 435 is one of my dream basses and theny don´t
    showup so often as 535´s and 635´s.

BTW, I had the chance to check a Fabregues some years ago through an Epifani 310 and just blew my mind.

Disfrutalo mucho y nuevamente felicitaciones

Papersen

9. mtirey

mtirey

Aug 9, 2005
    Dayton, OH
    ah...man that is a sweet new bass :bassist:.

matt

10. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I remember Mike pointing to a rather nice bass in his shop once, and commenting that "the only thing wrong with it, was that it didn't have enough strings on it". It was, of course, a 4-string.

You might be some champion of the four-string (I personally don't discriminate - I have 4, 5, 6, 7 and 12 string basses), but I assure you that "the man himself" prefers an instrument with at least 5 strings...

That said; nice bass (for a 4-string) - however, if I was going to spend all that money on one of Mike's beautiful instruments, I'd get at least a 6 (and I did).

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    looks like the one from Rudy's Music here in NYC. yes, no?

if so, that was a SWEET bass. :cool:

12. Yeah That's the one... and there is other 435 just as nice as mine.

13. Gracias, de verdad que es uno de los mejores bajos que he tocado...

14. Still in love with it!!!

yeah!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

15. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    queeeeeeeee ruly tienes un MTD y no lo has dicho halla en Pulso? wao mano te felicito,tienes el bajo de mis sue~nos,un MTD 4 cuerditas,mano que alegria me da por ti,eres una persona humilde de verdad,disfrutalo hermanito,algun dia yo tendre el mio.

16. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Gourgeous bass, all MTD basses are :). I think your bass can take up it's rightful place in the MTD GAS pic thread.

17. hey!!! Saludos, es que he estado tan ocupado que ni he podido entrar casi en Pulso Rock... El bajo esta cabrón!!!

18. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    que caray vas a entrar a Pulso,estas muy ocupado con tu nuevo bebe...... :hyper:

19. ay coño Ruly te pasastes!

nice bass!
    now can i get the Warwick?

20. I'm just waiting for the right picture... of me holding the bass!!!!:):):):)