1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Review Please - Charlie Haden & Egberto Gismonti (Live in Montreal)

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by XavierG, Feb 17, 2002.

1. I am looking to expand my 'Brazilian Jazz' collection, and have heard that this might be a good album to purchase. Comments, anyone?

Later edited:
    It's amazing what one can accomplish by utilizing the 'search' tools on the net. I found a review and some clips at http://music.windowsmedia.msn.com/Album/?album=612799

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I don't know that album specifically, but I can highly, highly recommend another. It Egberto and Charlie with Jan Garbarek, called 'Mystico' (I think) and on ECM. I heard bits of a follow-up studio release with the same group that sounded great as well.

3. Thanks for your reply, Ray. I believe you may be referring to the album entitled "Magico". I own a copy of that one and there are 5 tunes in it - 'Bailarina'. 'Magico', 'Silence', 'Spor', & 'Palhaco'. Very good album (in my opinion).

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Dat's da one. One of my favorite albums because 'the girls' dig it and I love it as well :)

5. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Another good Brazilian Trio is the "Trio Da Paz", Nilson Matta-bass, Romero Lumbambo-guitar and Duduka da Fonseka-drums, can't go wrong with those guys.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Romero Lubambo kills me! He does some great stuff on a Tom Harrell CD caled "The Art of Rhythm".