Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Review Please - Charlie Haden & Egberto Gismonti (Live in Montreal)

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by XavierG, Feb 17, 2002.

1. I am looking to expand my 'Brazilian Jazz' collection, and have heard that this might be a good album to purchase. Comments, anyone?

Later edited:
    It's amazing what one can accomplish by utilizing the 'search' tools on the net. I found a review and some clips at http://music.windowsmedia.msn.com/Album/?album=612799

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I don't know that album specifically, but I can highly, highly recommend another. It Egberto and Charlie with Jan Garbarek, called 'Mystico' (I think) and on ECM. I heard bits of a follow-up studio release with the same group that sounded great as well.

3. Thanks for your reply, Ray. I believe you may be referring to the album entitled "Magico". I own a copy of that one and there are 5 tunes in it - 'Bailarina'. 'Magico', 'Silence', 'Spor', & 'Palhaco'. Very good album (in my opinion).

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Dat's da one. One of my favorite albums because 'the girls' dig it and I love it as well :)

5. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Another good Brazilian Trio is the "Trio Da Paz", Nilson Matta-bass, Romero Lumbambo-guitar and Duduka da Fonseka-drums, can't go wrong with those guys.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Romero Lubambo kills me! He does some great stuff on a Tom Harrell CD caled "The Art of Rhythm".