1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reviews - New Micro Bass Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaysbassspace, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jaysbassspace

jaysbassspace Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    Any thoughts on the new amp models like the gk mb800?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    love the new ampeg stuff. genz benz has a couple cool new heads. aguilar has one now, too. that's all i know.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I've got a Carvin BX500 and I couldn't be happier. Enough power for any gig I've played, and enough EQ options to get any sound I want. And I can carry it with one finger in a little laptop bag. :)

4. Don't think anyones got their hands on the 800 yet, but my MB-500 is kickin butt!

Played through my NeoX212T or my Ampeg 8x10 it's as loud and clear as anything I've tried.

Attached Files:

5. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    You might be surprised with the GK MB200. Very loud little head and versatile.

6. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Has anyone tested by chance a Taurus Qube-450 or a Hevos 400T? I have zero experience with any of these brands, and judging by the price (650 - 750 Euros) they are on the expensive side, but there are not many European amp brands that I know of so these got me intrigued ;)

7. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I have one that I play through a Custom Schroeder 15+. Amazing little box and fits in my gig bag.

8. hhhmmm they sure do look interesting . . .

I'm still a card carrying markbass man . . .I still the the littlemark is one of the best deals in bass gear. That being said I'd knock over an old lady to try a TH500 :D

9. As far as I know, this head doesn't exist yet. GK is notorious for pre announcing products that don't show up to market for months and months after the announcement.

From the looks of it, it is an MB500 with a touch more power and some nice additional feature. Should be killer if you like that very aggressive, bright GK voicing.

The Genz Streamliner is killer for those looking for a relativley accurate 'all tube amp' vibe, and the TC RH750 looks to possibly be a game changer in the industry to me.

I'm sure there will be lots of reviews on the new GK, the new TC and the new Aguilar TH500 when they eventually start ship.

10. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    My thoughts exactly, but as you know, at that price there are plenty of options...I was curious if these are really worth their pricetag? :smug:

11. TBH I didn't even see a price . . .

12. The Streamliner has 6 threads with 1000 posts each, so it seems there's something happening there.

S

13. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Taurus Amplification

Hevos

This is the only place I've seen these listed...it's weird that Taurus doesn't even have a dealer list...

14. Leakim

Leakim

Aug 28, 2006
    Sweden
  15. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been more mention of the Taurus line around TB. Certainly seems like a fully-featured product line (amps, cabs, combos, preamps, effects, onboard preamps), and the products themselves look very nicely to boot. All that and I've only heard them mentioned one other time, and little in the way of reviews.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021