Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

revised posting...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deepbob, Jan 26, 2004.

1. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    >> red alert (mp3)

[​IMG]

(lyrics censored)

:rolleyes: too funny.

2. How is it funny? The rule is in place to keep everyone from creating political wars between eachother. Only in the Lounge can it be discussed because all of them there can handle themselves and there aren't as many to argue!

By the way - The link wouldn't load...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What's funny is somebody who only posts in recordings - 99.9% of which is self-publicity - but can't get the links to those MP3s to work!! :D

4. Ahh! Now that is funny :D

Hey - Now the link is workin. Time to check this piece of work out.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Eh? I wouldn't say the ability to handle themselves is any different in the lounge HOWEVER, being limited to supporting members, prevents people who rarely post and don't contribute much to the site from dipping in to fully fledged discussions, additionally, the right to discuss politics is another perk for supporting members, if they so choose to indulge, personally I can't stand politics, I'm sick of 'em.

6. LOL! It's like this long beep for the parts of the song that has lyrics. So basically it's like a minute of actual song. . Thats pretty funny.

Your bass line is pretty cool. I dig how it sounds in the beginning going against the guitar. Song sounds cool though.

7. I was half right I suppose, because I did say there weren't as many members to argue about them. I can't stand them either, just bores me to no end.

8. Bruce Lindfield

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, if you want to get technical, it isn't outside the USER agreement, as the politics ban is technically only in Off topic. It's never been an issue here with deepbob's recordings, which has steadily gotten more political, however, he's not telling us what to think, he's not trying to start an argument. He is the perfect example of someone who is just making a statement, and you don't need to listen if you don't want to.

Don't worry bruce, I'll make sure to monitor these posts more carefully just for you! *there is no emoticon for how I feel right now*

10. Bruce Lindfield

I was more thinking about the rule on :

"Because this forum is viewed by bassists of all ages, all posts must be suitable for viewing by young teens"

The song I was referring to, is full of obscenities and would not get a certificate for showing to children!!;)

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ah...yeah, that's true, but schmee has always given note that there are obscenities, and I dunno, While I don't see a reason to use foul language all the time, it's *usually* pretty mild with bob's stuff, eitherway, no harm done so far as I can tell...I hope no kiddies were traumatized by schmee's work, you'll have to carry that weight bob!

12. Bruce Lindfield

I honestly don't see what is wrong with a good argument, as long as people don't get personal and throw out insults. I did a degree in Philosophy of Religion and some of the arguments we had on abstract issues, were very enjoyable and interesting.

On the other hand, I can see a lot wrong with somebody making an offensive statement and just saying "take it or leave it"!

So for example, what if somebody came along to TB and put in links to racist articles, anti-semitic tracts - and said : I'm not telling you what to think - just take it or leave it - I think that would not be OK!

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I don't see any problems with a good argument either.

Schmee isn't trying to argue though, he's not egging anyone on, not baiting anyone, and not even saying much, besides warning for any offensive lyrics, and perhaps an odd comment here and there.

Now, someone posting racist article, anti-semitic tracts..etc. they may not be telling you what to think themselves, but they are forwarding you to someone who is(the article). On top of that, content such as that, often runs a lot deeper than a 'mostly harmless' recording, to place deepbob's work on the same platter as a racist article is not fair to deepbob if you ask me. Understanding you were using extremes to prove a point, I'm tired of that tactic, it's loopy, I don't think that one should live their life juxtaposing especially nasty things with semi-questionable things just to prove a point.

Look at all the things that AREN'T offensive and they can just as easily be 'take it or leave it'. There is nothign inherently wrong with that statement, just depends how you apply it.

"The price $5.25, take it or leave it"

"I made this, take it or leave it"

"I just killed your sister, take it or leave it"

are those statements really in the same group?

Neither bob's words, nor his material is being shoved in anybodies face. Even his webpage is very non-offensive, I have no problem with him, or his postings here, if you do, please let me know, that goes for anyone.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Well - with this statement (above)you seemed to be making a generalisation which I thought was invalid - if not, fine! ;)

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    nope, didn't intend to generalize. my bad.

16. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I think Polly made the right call on this, I read it, and agree it isn't suitable. I see the point of jast making a statement, but it was also a fuse just waiting to be lit, one person takes the bait, and the next thing you know, there are 60 posts of arguing. That's why the rules are there, to avoid such messes.