Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Revolution 7.1 scratchy poppy noise

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mandobass, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    howdy,
    i just recently upgraded from my old crummy soundblaster live value. while i anticipate my new m-audio revolution sounding much better, at the moment it's driving me crazy because whenever i record i get this poppy scratchy sound during playback. i'm sure thish as something to do with a sync error between the card and computer. i've updated the drivers, so it's not that.

please lend me your support if you have had similar problems with your own soundcards. it's not imperative that the soundcards are identical, as there may be a universal way to fix this sort of problem.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    JMX,

you da man. thanks for the quick help. i'll let you know if it works when i get back from class(gotta love pocket PCs w/ wireless internet).

4. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    ok ive installed the new driver, but i'm experiencing a different problem now. while using sonar 2 i adjusted all the audio settings to fit the sound card (audio driver bit depth, samping bit depth, and file bit depth). however, upon choosing those options, sonar prompts me with a message that my soundcard doesnt support that, when the box and manuel and website both clearly state it does.

5. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    sorry,

computer specs:

intel motherboard
    p4 1500
    768 rambus memory
    2 80 gig HDs
    geforce3 graphgics