revolution in europe? (and some other questions...)

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by stos, Dec 31, 2005.

1. stos

Nov 10, 2005
    Brussel / Belgium

I'm looking for a revolution solo to add to a magnetic pick up (witch I'm going to make myself with an old precision bass pu)
    Is that a good idea?
    Where can I get the revolution in europe?
    what kind of preamp is the cheepest (but not to bad also hum) to go with a revolution?
    a B2 maybe?

Sorry for my bad english

thanks a lot
  2. Hello stos I don't know where you are in europe, but I am in Holland and just orderd mine R.S. trough there website and got it 6 weeks later.
    And I don't think you need a magnetic pu when you instal the R.S properly, I used to play throu a wilson but the R.S. has more warmth "like your bass sounds" I use the fishman as a preamp when I need a remote tunable sound , good luck Oscar
  3. bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    stos, you may not necessarily need a preamp with the Revolution SOLO. I have run my RS pickup into both of my amps without a preamp and it sounds fine.

What kind of amp are you using? That could make a difference in whether or not you'll benefit from using a preamp.
  4. stos

Nov 10, 2005
    Brussel / Belgium
    thanks for your answers

I think I'm still going to build this magnetic pu because I want to use some effects with my bass and I think it's going to sound better and with less feedback
    and also It can be a second pick up when the first has a problem
    I'm living in belgium, how much did you pay to receive it?

I play sometimes on an old 15" combo (I don't even know the model) ,on my GK backline 115 or directly in the PA,
    but I thinking about buying a workingman 10

I now use mostly an AKG C418 on the tailpiece (the mic in the direction of the top) of my cheep bass with an ART tube preamp (but the mic and the preamp are not mine)
    I tried a shadow piezo (the cheepest one with the double thing) but for me it's sounds horrible (I only tride direct in the amp)

I read alot of threads here before asking about a pu, but it's still hard for me to make a choice
    I don't have much money and I can't buy three pu to test :meh:
    with 100 dollars I think I have three good choices
    -the KK bass max
    -the revolution
    -akg C411 (why not?)
    I just want something simple which is going to give me the less troubles (feedback, one hour to get the right sound)

Sorry I'm a bit long but I really want to solve this problem :)

Thanks a lot
  5. bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    stos, I wish I had an easy answer. I think we all do.

I happen to have experience with the two pickups you mentioned, but not with the AKG mic.

Neither the Rev SOLO or the Bass Max ever gave me any serious problems w/ feedback. Both of them are pretty simple to install and get a good fit with, and they are both reasonably priced IMO.

Since you're in Europe, I don't know if one vs. the other are any easier for you to purchase and have delivered, and perhaps that's a factor, and the return policy too perhaps.

They are both good choices, IMO of course.
  6. stos

Nov 10, 2005
    Brussel / Belgium
    I ordered my revolution this week end on :)
    I hope it gonna solve my problems :bassist: