Revsound cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ritchie_Darling, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    Does anyone have experience with Revsound?

Heard good things. But, there are very few video reviews.

Please advise....

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Maybe search this forum :facepalm: ? I just got NINE pages of hits...

3. bertthebassist

bertthebassist Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Bethlehem, PA
    This thread came back to life around post #134.
    Have you heard of Revsound cabinets?
    I have a 115X and love it. I like a very deep bottom and this is one of the few light speakers that reproduces it correctly.

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I have two :cool:

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  5. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    @RoadRanger have you ever had a chance to compare a RevSound to a Schroeder? Thoughts?

Thanks!

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I have a RS212T with S-drivers. It has not left the house yet but I will be taking it to a gig on Saturday. I really like what I have heard during our rehearsals so far. Very tight and punchy for a 212 and well under 40 lbs. I was very keen on getting an old Genz NX 212 but they are few and far between. This is nice as it is new and essentially a custom-built-for-me by David at Revsound. You pick the speakers, covering and grill treatment. Pretty cool and the guy is quick to fill the orders. Time will tell but the honeymoon has been great.

7. bassplace

bassplace

Mar 1, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I have the RS210 and love it. I'm now a fan of the celestion drivers he uses. Great if you like a "round " sound but plenty of high end if you want it. Compared to a 112 I have with a faital 12PR300, I find it much smoother.

Just recorded with the RS210 and the tone is fantastic

8. 9mmMike

Me too....except mine is a 212!

So nice! I have an outdoor "rooftop" gig coming up with no PA support. Can't wait to get a recording of that one!

9. kpc

kpc

Apr 6, 2011
    I too own a RS210 and love it. I pair it with a quilter BB800 and it's sweet. Nice and well balanced. Sits perfect in a full band situation.

10. 9mmMike

11. 9mmMike

Update: I played through the Shuttle 6.2 / Revsound RS212T (with S-drivers) on a rooftop gig last night. That rig was plenty loud with the master a tick below noon. And the sound/tone was fantastic. Super articulate so you could hear every note and nuance. I love this thing!

12. bassplace

bassplace

Mar 1, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Also new videos on Facebook of the new 215T

13. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    A friend of mine has a vertical 4x10 Stack. An awesome looking cab to say the least.

14. dawind99

dawind99 Commercial User

Mar 30, 2012
    Revsound.net and Revsound on Facebook
    Owner: Revsound
    Is it Willie's cab? One of a kind in the hands of a great player. RS410VT and RS210T.JPG

kpc likes this.
  15. bassplace

bassplace

Mar 1, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    If anyone would like more audio samples I posted a link over in recording to my band's recent album. Signal chain is Rick 4000 /TI JF344's to Thunderfunk to Revsound RS210 recorded with Shure SM7b. Surprising amount of low end when played on a good set of speakers.

Flat Daddy w/Flats

You can play from bandcamp for free. The title track that wants to play first is probably not the best one to hear tone on. (fwiw)

16. I have the 210 it's amazing...

9mmMike likes this.
  17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021