1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RevSound RS115T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by climber, Jan 13, 2013.

1. climber

climber

Oct 21, 2006
    I've been playing through the new RevSound RS115T cabinet a lot lately. This is a reasonably compact cabinet with a 15" Celestion speaker and fixed-crossover bullet tweeter that weighs in at a bit over 40 pounds. It has recessed handles on each side that make it easy to carry.

Last night I played at the Wolverine Grill in North Conway, New Hampshire. This is a medium size room with a nice stage and surprisingly good acoustics. In fact it's probably the best sounding room in the area. I gotta say how sweet the RS115T sounds in this band with my Genz Benz Streamliner 900. It gives me a big fat warm sound that fills out the bottom with just enough treble for definition in what effectively is a 3 piece Texas Swing band - guitar, bass, drums and sax.

As everyone knows, the Streamliner has 3 12AX7 tubes with none of the brittle digital edge that most Class-D amps have. This amp/cabinet combo gives me a real fat/round sound that fits in perfectly with this band. While I can't carry it with one hand, like I can with my RevSound RS210 (about 34 pounds), it's very portable. If you lust after that old-school tone, you owe it to yourself to check out this baby. You can check out their stuff on their FaceBook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/Revsound

FWIW I'm playing a J/P bass I made myself back in the late 70's. It has a 72 Jazz bass neck with extended ebony fingerboard, original ESP pickups and a Bartolini preamp.

Attached Files:

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021