1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rewired for a single knob, are there plugs available to fill the other two?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Adam Barkley, Aug 18, 2012.

  1. Adam Barkley

    Adam Barkley Mayday!

    Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Rewired my Corvette to only have a volume. What exists to plug the other two holes? Thinking a little black rubber plug would suffice. Where would I locate something of this nature?

  2. tjh

    tjh Supporting Member

    Mar 22, 2006
    what I did on one of my J's that I wired for one volume was to cut a small square of black electrical tape, and put that on the inside of the control plate with smooth (top/non sticky) side in the hole, and then taped that on with a larger piece ... all on the inside of the control cover, so the 'top' side of the tape is what shows in the hole ...I then gave it a little 'push' (outward) with my finger and it gave it a 'rounded' look in the hole, and seated it well along the edge ... it has held fine for quite a long time

    ... or, you could visit the plumbing/electrical departments of your local hardware store and see what they have available, just measure the diameter of the hole .. projects like this is where a little creativity comes in ... the tape was quick and easy ... and free
  3. __HM__


    Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I JUST did this to my corvette... lol. Small world. I usually go with TJH's idea, just black tape.
  4. 20YearNoob


    Mar 29, 2012
    Some people just leave the knobs there w/ no wires attached. Dummies, if you will. YOU just have to remember which one actually works :)
  5. M.R. Ogle

    M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

    Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner

Share This Page