Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rewiring a Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Arcatus, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Arcatus

Arcatus

Feb 8, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    How hard would it be to rewire a preamp to vol/vol instead of blend-switch? The preamp in question is a Seymour Duncan STC...

2. Hmm, so what is it now? Just a blend knob? If so, its just a matter of seperating them off into the stacked knob. Hot from one pup into a side lug, ground to other, centre lug to centre lug to wherever the output used to go, hot from second pup to the same side lug as your first pup (shouldn't really matter but you want them to increase in volume in the same direction), ground to other.

If that doesn't sound like it'll work you may have difficulty doing it any other way. I haven't actually seen an STC preamp but I don't know of a different way to blend (whats the active blend thingy?) and if there is I'm almost definitely going to be of very little use.

Josh D

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    If you need a diagram instead of words they should have some on the Duncan site. If not, Bartolini.net or EMG's site, emginc.com it seems. Even if not the same preamp you'll be able to figure it out from their two volum active diagrams.