Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rewiring an Ampeg SVT-410HE to be 4 ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kevlar720, Jul 7, 2005.

1. kevlar720

kevlar720

Jul 7, 2005
    I recently bought an Ampeg SVT-410HE cabinet and I realized that it is 8 0hms. I really need this cab to be 4 ohms and i was wondering if there is any way to rewire this cabinet to be 4 ohms.

If anyone knows please tell me How i need to wire it.

Thanks

2. kevlar720

kevlar720

Jul 7, 2005
    reasons for it not working?

3. Laws of physics...you have 4 speakers. Speakers are resistors, and resistors are wired either in series or in parallel. Simple math formulas tell us what the results will be.

This site has several articles (down toward the bottom) with the formulas....

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/construction.html

Not meaning to pick on you, but this topic comes up almost on a daily basis here.

4. kevlar720

kevlar720

Jul 7, 2005
    but you can make a 16 ohm guitar cab 4 ohms.......

5. thats 16 ohms tho, you can make an 8ohm cab 2 ohms if you really want . . . thats about it

6. its too late, and i cant think straight, it may be 1 ohm, not 2 ohms, not entirely sure, and as i said, cant think :p

7. kevlar720

kevlar720

Jul 7, 2005
    Thanks for the help man. 2 ohms would not be worth it for only a 500 watt cab. I think I'm just gonna return it and get the 4 ohm ported version.