1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rewiring my 215 to be switchable. Mono/Stereo.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I recently picked up an old Traynor 215 cab. Internally the speakers are isolated to their own "box". Two 8ohm speakers wired in series for 4ohms. I want to rewire it so if I want to I can run both speakers at 4 ohms (as it is now) but ALSO have the option to run two channels separately, one into each speaker, at 8ohms.

I have basic wiring knowledge, but have never played around with the wiring in any of my cabs before. Can anyone help me out/lend me some advice?

The main reason I want to do this is because I want to run two Epiphone Valve Juniors through it for dual 5w, for g*****.:ninja:

2. BryanM

BryanM

Dec 15, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    8ohms in series would be 16ohm, I'm assuming you meant parallel, in which case you'd just have to set it up with something to break the connection at the input jack. It's most likely that they're run in parallel by having the +/- connected to the same terminals at the jack, so if you put some sort of switch that breaks that connection and then have your separate input jacks. It wouldn't be that hard to do, but you'd have to make sure the switch was set properly so you didn't run your speakers at the wrong impedance.