1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

REX 2000/5 - Ordered

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Today I put the deposit on my REX 2000/5 at a local store. It'll take 4-6 weeks for delivery, as they only had black and blue stain fivers in stock at Rotosound, and I've got my heart set on the Holoflash. So, £100 deposit and a phonecall, it's on order. The receipt is on my noticeboard in front of me right now :D.

Expect pictures around the 15th of January. Shame it's right in the middle of exam time so I won't be able to play it that much :(.

I'll break the trend of no/poor quality Holoflash photos on the net!

Cheers,

PF

2. Is this the US Custom shop model?

3. No, a Korean Neck-Through.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats! I've had mine since last October - but don't have a digital camera! If I'm to believe what I was told, mine was the first 5 stringer in Holoflash to be brought into the country!:)

BTW - mine cost £665! What you getting yours for????

5. £640, argued the guy down from £740. I don't have a digital camera either, but I have a scanner by god!

:D

6. Congrats man! I'vce had mine for about 6 weeks and I am still loving it. They are pretty sweet basses and I know you will enjoy it. I'dlike to see some pics of the holoflash too. That would have been my first choice but I bought it used so I had to go with black.

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

nice one! I think you're really gonna like it!!! It's (gonna be) my main gigging bass! The scanner thing boggles my mind just now - maybe because that last Wild Turkey was a bit stronger than I had anticipated.......

8. Why isn't it your main bass now?

I already have plans. First thing, some stainless DR Lo-Riders, .50 .70 .90 .110 .130. Then, I'll convert the preamp to 18V, and the coup de grace will be some real EMG's, 40DC's I think. These are drop in, I love kwik connect by EMG!

Should sound like a Czech Spector by this point. That justifies me saving for a US Fretless bolt on five string when I get to uni, or maybe a G&L. And at some point, a Peavey 210TVX, a 115BXBW and a Nitrobass to replace my current stuff.

Gotta love that industrial placement year - gauranteed £10,000 for the year!

:D

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Well, it's mainly because we ain't been giggin! Tha last gig was with the REX - over 1 year ago, we've become a studio band, recording an album. We're now disillusioned, and are planning to just gig, gig, gig! Also, the REX was in a car crash with me! it took a little longer to heal than I did, but it's alright now!

Mine's running on .45 - .130 strings just now, it's still 9v and is still using the Hz pups - through my Trace Rig or even my Ashdown practice amp, it sounds great!:)

Glad to see you have plans - it's taken me years to get to this point!!!:(

Awrabest!

:)

10. I would wait until you hear it with the EMG HZs. These may not be as good as the real EMGs, but they sound pretty damn good. I know I would be very hesitant to change the sound of my REX.

11. Well, I played a Czech five string with the BTS preamp and 40DC's, and the tone blew me away. If the REX sounds anything like it, I'll be happy for a long time.

But the basic fact is that I like to tinker. And having a maxd out REX just appeals to me. I'll probably never bother changing the preamp or anything.

12. SA-WEEEET!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I love my Spector.I'm lookin to get a five string soon and the Rex would be my top choice!

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I agree - the Hzs with the EMG preamp are pretty good, I havenb't got any intention of changing them!

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I also have an NS5CR - with the DC40s and the BTS preamp, it is brilliant. The Hzs with the EMG pre are about 90% output and maybe about 90% of the tonal control!

Wait and see for yourself, I'm sure you'll be impressed!

15. welcome to the club

mine is my main axe

the fender lays in its case