RFD TV on Direct TV

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Have you seen this? This morning I was watching a very old school music show from the 70's called "Pop Goes the Country." and tonight I was flipping around and saw "The Porter Waggoner Show" with a very young Dolly Parton. I have not seen those shows since I was a kid. Interesting to watch the musicians. My 12 year old asked me "What's up with that suit!?"
  2. Keep watching and you'll see some things you'll only see in America for sure! 2 examples: Classic Tractor Showcase - a really, all kidding aside, cool show about vintage tractors and the guys that restore and collect them. Then there's the other end of the scale - Big Joe's PolkaFest! This is a hoot with the well-sequined "Big Joe" emceeing the finest in midwest traveling polka bands ala American Bandstand. Betcha never seen so much corn growin' inside! :D And every now and then, I've caught the cattle auction. All it consists of is video tape of different lots of bored cattle walking past the camera. The voice over is an uber-hyper auctioneer breakin' it down to the penny. He'll hey diddle diddle for 2 minutes and move the bid 2 dollars. Not very efficient but hilarious to listen to.

I want to make something clear. I'm not being cruel to these people and their lifestyle. I consider these folks my folks and I am more at ease with someone with a rural upbringin than I am with most people. I laugh because I know how countryfied types can look to others - just like they appear to us!