Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RHCP aeroplane help

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by big daddy cool, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Hi, I'm having a problem with the timing for the verse of aeroplane. I don't know where I'm going wrong... I can here how it's meant to be played in the song but I can't seem to put this into practice. I don't have the official tab book so I'm having to rely on internet tabs for guidelines on how it's meant to be played but it still can't get that timing right. If any of you could make a quick mp3 recording of how it's meant to be played without guitar and drums, or even slowed down without the guitar and drums that would be great. Or perhaps rewrite some better tabs for just the verse that would be greatly appreciated. If any of you have any better ideas as to how I could get the timing right please don't hesitate to say. Thanks

I dont have a teacher btw so that ideas out.

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Then get one. Simple as that.

3. If you can read music, Libster.com has it transcribed.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Ya gotta get that funk.

It's all timing. Try practicing the slaps and pops without worrying about the left hand part at first. Just mute the strings with your left hand and play the rhythm with dead strings.

Once you get it up to normal speed, then work the notes into it. Once you get the timing down, it's a piece of cake.

5. its not really the speed of the verse that's the problem, i can slap/pop a hell of alot faster than that, i guess its more in the rythem and timing but thanx neway. I guess I'll just have to carry on listening to it and try and find the right groove.

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA