RHCP - Don't forget me

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I've found a few tabs on the net, but I can't get the sound when I play them... does he play the song with a pick? It's mostly chords and ghost chords, and when I play chords I usually use my fingers.

Any ideas anyone?
  2. I'm pretty sure Flea used a pick when recording that song.
  3. I sure hope you're not in the anti-pick brigade...they're ruthless around here. I bet a ton of players here swore off Flea now as a result. :smug:
  4. peladox

Aug 3, 2004
    i got a video ( live at slane) and flea doesn't play with a pick so check i out, use your nails, or at least thats what i do with that song :bassist:
  5. Are you sure? Go check again. It's even zoomed into him at the beginning of the song.
  6. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah he does... its a great song! but i usually don't have a pick handy, so i play with my fingernail (as if i was holding a pick). Sounds good. Turn your mids down, treb half, and bass almost full for that song... sounds the best! I love that song!
  7. I play it with my 'normal' sound, bass and mids a bit boosted, high's a lot.

And I play it with my fingers:p I have the nasty habit of biting my fingernails, so no nails to strike with, and it never occured to me to play with a pick. (it would be the only song, so bringing half a million picks 'just in case' doesn't sound justified). So on most shows, I'm so nervous I play too hard and end up with bleeding fingers :D