1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

RHCP - Don't forget me

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I've found a few tabs on the net, but I can't get the sound when I play them... does he play the song with a pick? It's mostly chords and ghost chords, and when I play chords I usually use my fingers.

Any ideas anyone?

2. I'm pretty sure Flea used a pick when recording that song.

3. I sure hope you're not in the anti-pick brigade...they're ruthless around here. I bet a ton of players here swore off Flea now as a result. :smug:

4. peladox

peladox

Aug 3, 2004
    i got a video ( live at slane) and flea doesn't play with a pick so check i out, use your nails, or at least thats what i do with that song :bassist:

5. Are you sure? Go check again. It's even zoomed into him at the beginning of the song.

6. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah he does... its a great song! but i usually don't have a pick handy, so i play with my fingernail (as if i was holding a pick). Sounds good. Turn your mids down, treb half, and bass almost full for that song... sounds the best! I love that song!

7. I play it with my 'normal' sound, bass and mids a bit boosted, high's a lot.

And I play it with my fingers:p I have the nasty habit of biting my fingernails, so no nails to strike with, and it never occured to me to play with a pick. (it would be the only song, so bringing half a million picks 'just in case' doesn't sound justified). So on most shows, I'm so nervous I play too hard and end up with bleeding fingers :D