Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RHCP new album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lewi_wilko, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Lewi_wilko

Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Hi does anyone know when the red hot chili peppers will be releasing their new album? I cant wait for it. Personally I would like to see this album resemble more of their older stuff (which i doubt it will) like the "Mothers Milk" album. Id also like flea to slap again :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    From here.

3. HARD material? I wish they would go back to their old school funkish stuff. I'll take "Brother's Cup" and "Subway to Venus" over punk and metal. Flea playing metal? Let's hope it's Les Claypool-ish stuff...

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I want them to go back to the Blood,sugar,sex,magik style songs, fully dirty funk stuff, and some nice basslines!

5. exactly! They sold their souls for pop on By The Way and Californication (most of those albums, not so much much Californication as BTW - a chorus humming behind lead vocals!?!? AHHHHH!!!)

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I sincerely hope someone told Chad that the snare sound he had going on for the last two albums resembled an egg carton being beaten with a chopstick and convinced him to go for something punchier again. I also hope Mr. Kiedis decided to lay off that darn vocoder.

7. Lewi_wilko

Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Subway to venus : :D love it

8. YESYESYESYESYESYES!!! I didn't hear anything about this album until right now. Their last 2, while still good, were too different from their trademark sound. I'm looking foward to hearing some good ole FUNK.

9. I'd love if they would grow some balls and do some stuff like on their REAL dirty funky records...you know, like their best record ever : Uplift Mofo Party Plan? or Freaky Styley? That's when they knew how to funk. Then again, having Mr. Clinton producing it didn't hurt. Alas, Mr. Slovak is dead, but I KNOW Frusciante could do it if he tried.

I thought blood sugar was an ok record, and Mother's Milk is among my faves, soundtrack to that whole summer actually, but you want the real gritty dirty funk? Pick up the two I recommend.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm a huge fan of Californication and By The Way... I really enjoyed the direction they were going.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 I really enjoyed both of theose albums , By the Way has got some really special moments on it for me. :bassist:

12. I agree, i think they're progressing in a good direction, they've been a band for 20 something years now, u can't expect them 2 play the same stuff they're whole career's.It needs to be fresh. I'm sure whatever the new albums like it will be good.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    When I was a big punkfunk guy, I was one of those, "THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THE OLDER STUFF" guys... now I like their new direction. I didn't "get it" right away, but then I checked out John Fruscante's solo stuff... and then it made sense. John's solo stuff is better... but RHCP has better bass playing. :D

14. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    +1

I have A Sphere in the Heart of Silence, Inside of Emptiness, Niandra LaDes, Usually Just a Tshirt, Shadows Collide with People, Smile From teh Streets You Hold, the Will to Death, and To Record Only Water for Ten Days, as well as all the RHCP stuff.

I love all the discs even though they are radically different from each other. I really enjoyed Californication and BTW. They are very solid albums, despite their not being what the band cut their teeth with.

15. John Frusciante is f****** genius imo :bassist: I can't wait for the new album :hyper:

16. Lewi_wilko

Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    Hmmmm i still realy realy like the Californiacation and By The Way albums allot but i realy realy realy like Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Mothers Milk and Freakey Styley

Back to their roots i say :bassist:

17. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I'm eagerly looking forward to it. Sound be great! rock on rhcp!

18. meanwhile , anthony is busy interviewing Madonna on AIM...

19. i love califonication, it is so good. BTW has some really good moments on it and BSSM is just pure genious. i hated OHM and i love the fact that they refuse to play any of those songs live, tho i would love to see john come up with somthing for aeroplane. that song is flea at his funkiest

lowsound

20. I only recently discovered them (so (to me) anything pre "by the way" isn't half as good - mind you, when I got the album it was almost a "greatest hits" with 5-6 commonly heard-on-the-radio-singles) but I hope they do something more along the lines of by the way rather than say, one hot minute or blood sugar sex... :bag: :D - if they were to go heavier (i.e. "rockier") with some distortion then that'd be brill if you ask me...imagine Flea doing a super-speed Lemmy!