1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rhoads V bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Atramentous, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Atramentous

Atramentous

Apr 5, 2009
    I love the guitar and then my friend told me they made a bass version. Anyone know where I can find one?

2. Allmanfan456

Allmanfan456

Jan 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    I dont think they make a Rhoads styled V bass.

3. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
    I know one guy from one band uses one...i think its a one-off custom, though.

4. allotabass

allotabass Guest

5. I've definitely seen a RR bass

6. ESP 'V' shapes are a bit different. Jackson Stars line instuments are a better deal than Grover Jacksons, although both lines are made in Japan and both are, no doubt, 'the real things'.
    'Metal-shaped' guitars are very popular in Japan though, and you should expect to find them quite expensive, especially considering the current yen to dollar ratio

7. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    A friend of mine actually owns a Jackson RR bass,so they definitely exist.

8. Although theres not much info on it, Mensinger makes the Speesy bass. Hes the bassist from Kreator. Its not quite a Rhoads V but it is a V in the same style.

speesybass.

And yes, they did make a real Rhoads V at one time. I probably got this off TB here. Nice though.

RhoadesVBass.

9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I suppose since that one is a C/S, someone somewhere has it still :)

would it have helped Jackson to mass produce a RR bass??? who knows, since they never did it.

10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Carvin made a V back in the 80's I think. I saw a Roscoe used in a pawn shop recently. Red and Black Zebra striped 5 string with Barts. I just had to play it. I couldn't help it. I think it was about $500.

11. DOGGSMACK

DOGGSMACK

Apr 7, 2009
    KRAMER MADE A V BASS IN THE LATE 70'S EARLY 80'S WITH A T-NECK THE HEADSTOCK WAS SPLIT LIKE A V GENE SIMMONS HAD A KRAMER T-NECK ON ONE OF HIS BATTLE AXE'S

12. DOGGSMACK

DOGGSMACK

Apr 7, 2009
    I SEEN ONE ON EBAY A WHILE BAK IT WAS SWEET!!!

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    [​IMG]

14. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
    Jackson should mass produce them, but with maybe 2 pickups. I think they would make a lot of money from the metal bassists sick of the guitarists getting the glory!

15. Etiquette burn! Nice.

16. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    hahah SLIM chance of that ever happening !!!!

with all the "just buy a Fender it is good for all music" attitude still floats around the world, Jackson aint gonna do it.

I have seen and collected many Charvel/Jacksons for years....well unless you have 5000 prepaid-orders, I don't think your wish will come true....:D

naturally if you want a V bass, the Jackson custom shop will build you anything that money will pay for, just like ANY company when you drop 2000-3000 on a custom......

17. Punctuation is also a nice touch :rollno:

18. Agreed. Punctuation sure makes it easier to read a post. I'm a bit of a spelling, grammar and punctuation checker. I think it stems from having a father that majored in English. Not saying I have great spelling, grammar or punctuation but I personally have a hard time reading a post without proper etiquette.

But I digress.....

19. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    ur buying a bass like that for looks .. deal with the single pickup... i want a dean "z" bass.. 199 bucks.. i dont expect it to sound amazing.. i expect it to look like i could chop ur hands off with it tho

oh and dean makes a 199 dollar v bass too..

20. MK84

MK84

Apr 7, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Hey everyone, I've been lurking here for a while but when I saw this thread about the rhoads bass I had to respond.
    Yes, Christian is playing a regular V shaped bass now but he used a custom shop Jackson for a couple of years, at least since 2003.
    I guess he retired it or something but if anyone want some more pics of it go to the jackson webpage.
    There are pictures of it in the artist section, or watch these videos.