Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ribbecke Guitar Corporation Announces Initial Funding and New Product Launch

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by paul, Aug 21, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    HEALDSBURG, CALIFORNIA, July 23rd, 2005 – Ribbecke Guitar Corporation (RGC) announces the completion of investor funding and the launch of their new Halfling Bass product line based on Tom Ribbecke’s arch top guitar artistry and technologies.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    RGC was formed in early 2005 by Tom Ribbecke and partners, dedicated to bringing a production version of his technology to the marketplace at a more affordable price. Tom Ribbecke’s private practice making handmade arch top guitars continues unchanged. The first RGC product, a production acoustic bass guitar, was shown in prototype form at NAMM in January and is now in production for dealer orders at Summer NAMM. The bass uses a new patent pending top plate technology designed to produce superior projection and frequency response. Additional new models in development using the same technology will be introduced by the end of the calendar year.

“I’ve always wanted to get my high end archtop guitars into the hands of more players, and RGC allows me to do this because they’re more affordable”, says Tom Ribbecke, CEO and Chairman, “I’ve developed a new patent pending top plate design that we call ‘Halfling’ technology, and found a way to make a superior production guitar with the same artistic design and discriminating sound quality people expect from my high end Ribbecke guitars. These guitars by the way are made in the USA, and the final assembly is done under my careful supervision.”

“The beauty of this guitar is that it combines the articulation and projection of the arch top, and bass response of a flat top. It’s a unique instrument that allows me to get the maximum expression from any playing style”, says Bobby Vega, renowned bass player who has toured and recorded with artists including Tower of Power, Etta James, Mickey Hart, Jefferson Starship, Santana, Sly and the Family Stone, and Jerry Garcia. “The first model will have my name on it, The Bobby Vega Bass, and I feel excited to have collaborated in its design. It is an instrument I am very pleased with”, says Bobby.

Ribbecke Guitar Corporation
    Healdsburg, CA 95448
    707-433-3778
    www.ribbeckeguitar.com
    info@ribbeckeguitar.com